• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clicking from thermaltake psu help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean478

i got a thermaltake 680w psu and from the second i got it it has clicked i dont think its the fans and i cant remove it to look inside cause its stuck inside the psu bay (tight fit) and the wires are all tied to everything else with nylon ties has any one ever experenced this with their psu

Last edited:
It May or May not be bearing noise. for help, search something like "psu mods"... maybe a fan swap might help? just be careful...allso, if you dont like hearing your computer, you may try SPCR, they are all about NOT hearing things from your PC...

Me, personally, I would RMA it if you just got it...I have had this happen a few times...and within a few weeks the PSU was dead because one of the fans had died...

Agree with glock. If there is something wrong wit the PSU, and it's new, RMA it before it's too late or you lose something else with it.

damn i cant rma cause it isnt going any where without the case its literaly stuck in my case an i dont know how i got it in in the first place could it be any thing other than the fans ? aka capacitors poping but it dosent sound like that

Either way...it needs to be RMAed...and if it is a cap...then it defintely needs to be RMAed before it litterly catches on fire...

My Raidmax 450W PSU was the same way...it took about 30 mintues to get it out...and once it was out...it went back in rather easily and easily pulled back out...

if it went into the case...then it will eventually come out ;)

o wait it is the fan will replace with smart fan 2 hehe if i can find a way to take it out of rig maby il cut of thr wires and reatach them later and use a crowbarr to get it out (jk)

Back