• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orange Cathodes and ATI fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Verymanynames

Registered
Two newbie questions.

1) I'm going to start working on a HL2 case mod and I want a cathode tube a similar color orange to the HL symbol. I haven't seen any orange cathodes and was wondering if you have, or which Red cathode looks the mod like orange.

2) I was considering buying this fan: http://www.pctoyland.com/prod_2310.htm for my Radeon 9600 as I dont have a lot of money for a new card and I would like to overclock. I noticed that it seems to be held on by two screws going through the card yet I see no such holes on my card. Anyone have experience with this fan and if you have to drill holes or not?

I have a 4 inch "red" cathode with looks mildly orange that I could send you. However, all you have to do is buy some 12 inch red cathodes, and wrap them in a yellowish/orangish saran (plastic) wrap, it will make it more of an orange color. If nothing else, you could always use orange UV paint.

Back