• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE and Firefox are screwing with me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoneinventor

Registered
ok, so somehow some of my internet setting got screwed or somthing. My example will be www.cycling.tv -internet biking tv. When I go to this site up pops a window where you can watch cycling related stuff. In IE I can't even make it to this page because it won't load. All I get is a blank grey screen. In mozilla however I can watch the stuff but it won't allow me to go into fullscreen mode. So neither browser works right. IE used to work and it still does on other user names. why won't it work on mine? I think it has something to do with active x controls because I have gotten messages about them. what do I do to make it work again? thx

I think it has something to do with active x controls because I have gotten messages about them
You can change your ActiveX security settings in IE under Internet Options | "Security" tab | "Custom Level" button.

I am getting messages like "Your current security settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." I have tried turning security off to no avail. I can try to update Microsoft Virtual Machine or updating the Sun's Java Runetime Enviornemnt, but this still doesn't explain why I only have this problem on my user.

Sun's Java Runetime Enviornemnt didn't fix my problem, still no full screen. when I right click instead of left though it says function dissabled. IE still gives me a grey screen and Firefox still won't go full screen.

Back