• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which case and power supply ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

Hi

Im building a new system and need to know a couple of things

firstly is this case any good?

Coolermaster Wave Master - Silver (No PSU) (CA-037-CM)
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Coolermaster_Cases_126.html

and also I will be running an
AMD 64-3200,
2x gefroce 6800gts o/c'd,
OCZ 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Dual Channel Gold VX EL-DDR CAS2.0 (MY-052-OC),
western digital raptor HD
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-011-DF)

Im wondering if the OCZ PowerStream 520w ATX2.2 Power Supply (CA-011-OC) is good enough for this system?

Thanx

Richard

Yes, it is an excellent case, some people have liked the RIP OFF thermaltake case.

mmmmmm, i would think that PSU would do it for the dual cards.

Ihave to say it - but have you considerd the coolermaster stacker case? lots of room and excellent cooling!

thnx :D the psu is my biggest worry as im sure these two cards + an amd 64 3200 r goin 2 need ALOT of power hehe. As for the case how muh difference is there between the two in terms of cooling? As I hate to say it but im not a huge fan of what the stacker cases look like( as for size the dimensions on the site let me know that :D hehe

Aspire X-navigator. coolest case ever, period. link. if you don't think thats cool, I dont know whats wrong with you. Its great for SLI too, as the 120mm on the front throws cool air right on the gfx cards, and the 2x 80mms in the back put air right through your CPU HSF.

The PSU sux though. I've seen the case for $80 or so w/o the PSU, but you have to look for it.

i dont think it is the coolest - all it has is some giant plastic X type log on the front :) Stacker is better :D MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
120mm baby all the way!

and all the stacker is is a ginormous aluminium box with built in dual PSU support. come on, at least the x-nav has a window.

oh, and whats better than 1 120mm? a 120mm blowing right on your dual gfx cards and 2x 80s blowing through your XP-120. not to mention the 80mm exaust on the top and the 80mm blowing on your HDDs.

I personally throw in my card for a Lian Li vxxxx but, both of those are nice cases. Case style comes down to preference.

The wavemaster is a very nice case, and I don't think you will be dissapointed with it.

I have to agree with Mr.Guvernment here and say the Stacker. However, I'm one of the few that actually like the looks of it, and the Wavemaster is a very nice case also.

man_utd said:
Case style comes down to preference.

agreed. look around at some of the cases the boutique builders are using (ibuypower.com, umm...drawing a blank here...) and see if you like some of those. Really the only thing you have to make sure of is the size (if it will fit on/under/in your desk, though bigger makes it eaiser to work in) and the form factor (ATX, though if you can find a BTX case, get it). Then look at features: built in front panel USB/Firewire/temp sensor/fan controller/etc (mine has all 4 :D ). built in fans (quantity, quality, and placement) are important too if you dont want to run the risk of drilling holes in your case for aftermarket fans. Finally, if you go with the stock PSU, make sure thats decent too (my one mistake with this case). other than that, its all about the look.

hmm the stacker is a very big case :/ but the opertunities it offers are pretty big.

I was wondering if there was any way to create external 3.5" drives though in case I want a floppy drive or something.

the Coolermaster Stacker 4in3 Device Module can be used for internel(HD)

I think the stacker has a set of 3.5s, it just doesn't look like it from the outside. go look at Mr.Guvernment's thread, you'll see what I'm talking about. if not, you can always get 3.5-5.25 adapters. most drives come with em.

LoneWolf121188 said:
and all the stacker is is a ginormous aluminium box with built in dual PSU support. come on, at least the x-nav has a window.

oh, and whats better than 1 120mm? a 120mm blowing right on your dual gfx cards and 2x 80s blowing through your XP-120. not to mention the 80mm exaust on the top and the 80mm blowing on your HDDs.

You can Buy a windows for a stacker, also get it in black or blue (blue if in europe)- it also has BTX support and also has a motehrboard cooler :D

Stacker

1 - 120mm on HD's
80mm on top
if single PSU - u can put it on top or bottom and then put in dual 80mm in the other PSU spot.
120mm on back

with that many 120mm, you shoudlnt need a 120mm directly on your vid card :D

Im also curious what actually comes with the case? How many of the fans are supplied? or do you just get the barebones and you have to get the rest elsewhere?

Thanx

EDIT: im talking about the stacker, sry for confusion

Back