• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BenQ DVD Sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

engraham

I just installed a BenQ DVD +- RW (DW1620 Pro) on my computer (Win XP). I installed the driver and have the latest Firmware. I am able to play DVDs, but there is no audio.

A bit more info would be helpful......but, most simple/obvious first. Did you connect the audio cable twixt drive and soundcard?

It plays audio from regular CDs. I tried connecting the DVD audio line to the soundcard, but with no results. My CD player/burner does not require the audio connection to the sound card. Any other suggestions?

Go to the device manager and open the properties dialog for your new drive.
Select the properties tab.
Make sure there is a check in the box for "enable digital CD audio "

One thing that might bear mentioning. The volume level on DVD audio is often very annoyingly low, open your mixer device, max out wave output and main volume, then max out the volume in your player and see if you hear anything then. If you have the volume levels set so your system sounds don't blast you off your chair, but crank your music only through the volume and amplification settings in winamp (different than the general levels) then that might be the problem.

regards,

Road Warrior

Digital audio is enabled in the device manager... I cranked the volume... still nothing. My motherboard has an audio driver, as well as my audio card. I checked, and there's not a conflict there.

OK..I'll be more specific in the info request.
Would you mind giving us a rundown of your system?
Mobo, soundcard, etc, etc ;)

ASUS PC-DL Deluxe Intel 82875P Xeon 533FSB DDR mobo, dual Xeon processors, Chaintech soundcard (CT-AV710 7.1)

I'm using windows media player or real player... Is there a preferred program I should be using?

Why would the audio cable matter though? I have a DVD burner and DVD-rom and neither have the cable but DVD's, cd's, and everything else work fine?

Try using windows media player too....

Back