• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greatest signature quotes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There was one guy, Zyl, who liked my butterfly quote.... He enjoyed it because he was having some family problems, and it kind of helped him... Now I simply cant take it out, who knows who else will find it helpful.

9mmCensor said:
quotes by forum members, and regular quotes.

Which quotes do you think are the best?

Gixxer75024: can this screw anything up?
glock2469: yeap...your CPU and Video card will jump out of the case doing the rain dance to put out the fire...

Imog's quote in nerdlogic's signature...

I'll add a few more later.

My quote.

I.M.O.G.'s quote is pretty funny.

Also

nahamus said:
an avatar change.... suggested by someone advertizing free nippleadge and has a pig avatar.
Isn't that like Vin Diesel sponsoring a hair care product?

just not right.

"I am certain there is too much certainty in our world" - Micheal Chriton.

-Sam

Raoul Duke:

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bast-ard chase you. He will follow."

As I'm sure you know, 9mm, I used to have a ton of awesome OCF member quotes in my sig. Still have a couple on occasion.

i can't remember whose sig this was, i only saw it once

"do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup"

You wouldn't believe how many PMs I have had over the years people calling me Joe. It only took me about 3 years to finally insert the last line into my signature.

And it still happens sometimes.

Jot's sig had a funny one about Halo 2 and flying burning ninjas....

I also have one from myself:
Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness...

I like my one by Erwin Schrodinger, concerning quantum mechanics :D.

Also:

"I mean, do you understand what makes things hard?" -- Dr Philip Camp, Edinburgh University.

"And furthermore benzene is very." -- Written on the whiteboard by Dr Trent Galow.

Prof Poon was a great source of quotes but I forget them now :(

Found a couple more:

"Imagine a rigid body, like an elephant. In fact, there isnt really such a thing as a rigid body - any body will experience Lorentz contraction along the axis of motion - so its a lie. The genius of physics is in inventing useful lies. However, seeing as Elephants don't usually travel at speeds near the speed of light we can pretend its not a lie."
-- Wilson Poon, Professor of Physics at Edinburgh University

"Now, for some functions, the partial derivatives ∂f²/(∂x∂y) = ∂f²/(∂y∂x) - so the order in which you do them doesn't matter. These are called "nice" functions. These are functions your mother would be happy with you going out with, not like some horrible nasty functions that lurk about, lure you into a false sense of security then give you a nasty surprise."
-- Dr Braden, University of Edinburgh.

"Take care, I repeat to you, take care. It is woman who has ruined us, still ruins us, and will ruin us, as long as the world stands."

-The Three Musketeers

Back