• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gentoo ESD issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, so basically its like this. I get skype, make a call, sound is horrible. Incredibly choppy and all. Look it up, and people recommend esd. Ok, so I go alone, get gaim. Notice, no sounds. Think back to when I did have sound with it and was able to play music, when I used FC3. What did I have on their as the selection audio server? ESD. So, I try to look up how to get ESD on Gentoo/Gnome, and cant find anything. There is nothing in portage either that would be what I need I think. Anybody know what I can do?

Question. Does anybody know how to make artsd run at startup, and is there a way to make my sound levels stick? They reset to default everytime I reboot.

Ok, skip the last question. Right now, I just want to know how I can get sound mixing to work? I cannot have sound come through XMMS and Gaim or Skype or anything at the same time. What do I need to do?

Back