• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCrappa

my friend told me that a new type of RAM is coming out. i was planning on going DDR as soon as the KT266a chipset came out. since my 1.2 AXIA wouldn't really make use of the nForce 440's full mem cause its not supported yet. but now i'm having second thoughts. what do you think guys? is it worthit going DDR or is SDR good enough? as you can see i need a new mobo badly since i'm only running on a KT7 and i can't get 133fsb. so basically my chip is going to waste

I think at this point that there is really no reason not to go DDR as the prices are just as low as SDram. As far as something new coming down the road well there is always something down the road.

As for new ram coming out I have not heard that maybe he was refering to DDR that supports 333 which is just DDR 2700 but the KT266a will support DDR 2700. I say DDR.

ya get DDR. its around the same price as SDR now, and its a lot better than SDR.:)

Back