• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my cheque from my old boss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brundle Fly

Disabled
Just a quick update here, I finally beat the crooked SOB, despite all his attempts to screw me out of everything. Yeah, he nailed me with the taxes, like 34%, which is BS, but I'll get it back next spring. Notice how he calls the cheque a "bonus" so he can tax the hell out of it. It's not a bonus, it's the OT he owed me. what a dickhead. Man, he still had to give that money to the CCRA, he just wanted to make sure I didn't see it right away. Anyhow, nice chunk of change, the guy I worked with, Colin, got the same, the agent at the Ministry of Labour used my records, and my testimony that Colin was working with me, to get the same amount for Colin.

Well, Colin wasn't working with me the whole time, but considering my old boss said he lost all the records(time sheets) he couldn't argue that wee "FACT", so he had to go along with it, heh heh heh. :D Screw me, I'll screw you. :attn:

I was owed about $10,000, but they can only go back one year, so even though I didn't get it all, I got something, it is nice to win once in a while. Colin is moving back to England on the 23rd, and he's already started the same schtuff with my current employer(he just quit), so we'll all be getting our OT paid at time-and-a-half next cheque. He told me that I scored him a bonus(he expected maybe $800), so he figured he'd get the ball rolling for all us guys at my new job. :thup:

He's showing up later today with a box of beer so we can celebrate our "win", courtesy of "Spanky"(our nickname for the old boss), he's buying the beer. I handed a letter from Colin to the new boss on Thursday, Colin wants his OT that wasn't paid at T&A1/2, which is $1100 for him. He owes me $2066.25 for only 4 months, so I'll just sit back and smile, and see what happens.

A very good week all in all. For those in Ontario, don't sit back and let yourself get screwed over, the Ministry of Labour is there FOR YOU. Wow, a gov't agency that's actually on your side, use it. Colour me a happy camper. Here's the cheque. :D

Spankyhurtin.jpg

clash said:
Now turn em in for screwing with the taxes on it... It was not a "Bonus"

Yeah, no kidding, but I've already been told by the Ministry of Labour that I'd just be splitting hairs with that arguement, and any hearings I'd attend would mean time off work. So, just let it go, and get it back next spring, all those taxes still came out of his pocket, so even though I'm not seeing that cash right now, he still had to cough it up to the CCRA. :D

Not sure if I mentioned this a while back, but the MOL also posted a notice in his front office, it states that he has to pay time-and-a-half for all overtime hours, that's right behind the front desk, heh heh heh. I've spoken with a few guys who still work there, they all get T&A1/2 now, they're all real pleased about that. They owe me major beers. :D

mtb856 said:
Congrats Brundle, does that mean that you'll be able to afford that new computer for yourself? :)

Unfortunately, NO. I was $2000 short on my income tax return, between the wife and I, last year we jumped a tax bracket, so my "expected" $2400 rebate turned into a $267 rebate. :(

Sucks right now, but I can't let that get me down, as soon as work picks back up, I'll slam the hours in, last year when I first started for this company, from Sept. 9th to Dec. 22nd, I slammed in 217.5 hours of OT, that works out to $6198.75 before taxes(at T&1/2), so I figure I'll be able to scoop my system by late June, early July. :D

threeme2189 said:
good for you!!!! screw that cheapass sleezy !$&$&^$@#@#%%!!!!!!! :mad:
hows this as a motto: mess with the best, die like the rest.
nah i ripped that off of a cheezy haxor movie i saw yesterday.
well i hope youl be gettin that uber system soon!

Heh heh heh, I'm not done with him yet, I'm dropping a dime on him for a job we did at a seniors' home, we were supposed to install tempered glass(same as a car windshield) but we installed plate glass instead. The reason they got new windows, with tempered glass, is that one of the old girls decided she was gonna jump from the second story window, broke the window with a chair, which left multiple "swords" of plate glass, sliced herself bad on them. Tempered glass breaks into little pieces, the most a person can get is a wee nick.

Spanky charged for tempered glass, but cause plate glass is cheaper, that's what went in. I hunted down the seniors' home online, I'll be dropping them a line later today. :D

Lets just hope nobody will get killed on the next suicide attempt...
Heh heh heh, I'm not done with him yet, I'm dropping a dime on him for a job we did at a seniors' home, we were supposed to install tempered glass(same as a car windshield) but we installed plate glass instead. The reason they got new windows, with tempered glass, is that one of the old girls decided she was gonna jump from the second story window, broke the window with a chair, which left multiple "swords" of plate glass, sliced herself bad on them. Tempered glass breaks into little pieces, the most a person can get is a wee nick.

Did she try to commit a suicide because of a "bad boss" problem? :)

glebka11 said:
Lets just hope nobody will get killed on the next suicide attempt...

Did she try to commit a suicide because of a "bad boss" problem? :)

Sadly enough, all the people in this home are "chronic", as in they have Altzhiemers(sp?) or some such, they can't look after themselves. Very nice people, just a little lost, and it's not right for this azzhole to risk their lives just to save a buck.

It's a beuatiful place, I'd feel very secure placing a family member of my own in this home, aside from the glass that is.

http://www.kingcitylodge.com/index.html

Screw that boss again. I hate when people are trying to save a couple of $$$ on the count of others.

Continue the revange work Brundle Fly, and let us know the results! ;)

glebka11 said:
Screw that boss again. I hate when people are trying to save a couple of $$$ on the count of others.

Continue the revange work Brundle Fly, and let us know the results! ;)

I will most definitely keep you updated, I was gonna compose my letter to King City Lodge today, but I have more than a few wobbly-pops in me. I'll wait until tomorrow, I do want to be coherent in my letter. :D

This is only one job of many, where I was told to MAKE IT FIT, I'm going to run this SOB through the fire, and there is no way for him to put his *** out. :D

threeme2189 said:
do you know here he lives by any chance?
epoxy his car to the driveway and show him how strong that stuff really is!!!!!! :attn:

Yeah, I know where he lives, but I wouldn't do anything like that, there's no point doing anything "criminal" when I can bust his balls legally, why risk messing with his Durango, when I can mess him up, legally? Plus, that's a sweet Durango, 5.9 R/T, I couldn't mess with that, I'd hate myself, heh heh heh. :D

Brundle Fly said:

Spanky charged for tempered glass, but cause plate glass is cheaper, that's what went in. I hunted down the seniors' home online, I'll be dropping them a line later today. :D

Do it.

Not sure about that glass but isnt it labeled "safety glass" or "tempered" in teh corner of the window like cars are?

Back