• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/Cooks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seven

Hey Overclockers,

I was wondering if any of you were into both the culinary *and* overclocking arts. This is a thread to discuss recipes, favorite food you've cooked or had cooked for you, and of course just general stuff relating to cooking.

So I'll start. I just started out cooking, doing really basic stuff like pasta and scrambled eggs, mainly out of necessity. When the parents go out, I'm the only one home, so I need to be able to sustain myself, but usually there's no doritos and/or Red Bull in the house. So I started making pasta for dinner, and from there it's graduated into scrambled eggs, salads, pretty much everything I know how to make that doesn't take 3 hours.

How about you?

I've been cooking since I was 10 years old, I'm 42 now. I can make anything you could imagine, cakes from scratch, roasts, I make the dressing for every turkey we cook, salads, pasta/potato/vegetable/coleslaw, sauces, gravies, you name name it, I can cook it.

I make a mean stir-fry, my personal fave. Roasts, especially pork, I like to stab the sucker with my fillet knife, then slip 1/4'erd garlic down inside, so the roast cooks with the garlic inside. My kids fight for the slices with the garlic cloves, heh heh heh. :attn:

I love cooking, be it on the stove top, the oven, or the BBQ, lemme at it. :thup:

i make spaghetti (cant even spell it right) and umm all the possible egg variations you can imagine...i also know how to cook rice so it comes out perrrrrrrrrfect...
other than that...well i help my mom out in the kitchen every once in a while but im no cooking guru...my parents are afraid il burn the house down :p

I've been cooking for 2 years now.
I make roasted beef and turkey, cakes, salads, potato (pir’e, french fry and more advanced stuff).

And a while ago I almost cooked my CPU.

If you can read and follow a recipe, you can cook anything you want.

Recently I have begun skipping recipes and just creating dishes, some of which are pretty good.

I will dig up a few recipes.

I cook too... just not desserts ;)

My favorite recipe is pork chop a la king:

Take 4 pork chops and put them in a baking dish. Top them with brown sugar, ketchup, and a few onion slices. Pour a little lemon juice on them as well... and then pop them in the oven @375 for a little while. Flip them after 5 or so minutes and cook them until the pork is white/done... no raw pork. Serve immediately with a little of the sauce that is at the bottom of the pan. The pork will taste pretty sweet, with a hint of tang... mmmm beautiful!

Im the cook of the house, my wife isnt very good at it. Grilling and seafood are what im best at, with the exception of grilling seafood. I cant figure that out.

I'm currently trying to break an addiction to the food network and some of hte babes that have shows on there. <stalks Rachael Ray>Thankfully Emeril is unattractive enough that I can change the channel when they put him on. BAM. now if she'd only stop saying EVOO - extra virgin olive oil</end stalking>. I used to cook very well and then quit for a while and lived off of fast food, after buying my own house oddly enough, and recently started all over again so that I could have complete control of my diet. After moving I really didn't have a well stocked kitchen, both foodwise and stuffwise. Censor is right. Once you learn some basics and you figure out how to read a recipe you can make almost anything. Favorite is a simple beef stew and some pizza.
Ditto on the grilling seafood thing. I always seem to overcook it.
I don't keep recipes. Most fo that stuff is available on cooks.com and some other places and it's fun to try something different. If I really want a recipe I'll go to one of those sites to get it.

I've cooked since I learned how to walk in my grandma's kitchen in Mexico. She'd make me help her so I can keep out of trouble. I've never used recipes, really. Sometimes just for a reference but I never use any measuring utensils. I can cook just about anything and hopefully I can throw out some recipes that can be figured out without measurements.

Interesting...

I would probably kill a few people with my deserts if I had the resources. I can completely see myself setting up a huge mountain of chocolate with a carmel mudslide and a river of Red Bull for one of those huge displays you see at Country Clubs now and again.

By the way, I'll try to get some pictures of that sorta thing on easter at the country club, they are *masters* of this art.

I dunno what's wrong with my "cooking" but I gotta be some kinda alchemist at heart. Somehow no matter WHAT I cook it always involves flames and lots of smoke.

I cant even microwave a pop-tart without it catching it on fire.... (long story)

lol thats funny...i dont microwave em...i put them in the push down toaster thingy!
please pm me the looooooong story on how you made one catch fire pleasy please!!!
i can also make mashed potatoes (its pir'e for the other israely dude) and french fries of course!
well im pretty handy with a knife and i help my mom chop the veggies and salads some times...

:D Like when Homer Simpson was cooking and everything caught on fire... including the bowl of cereal he poured milk into. Cracks me up all the time.

I have been cooking since I was 5, so 28 years. Granted, back then I didnt cook much, but by gawd I can make the best boxed Mac N Cheese you have ever tasted!!
I like pasta dishes, just an italian at heart I guess. Lasagna, spagetti, etc.
Have a recipe that I have here for Lasagna, it was given to me by the daughter of a lady that moved here from Italy. omg that is some gooooooooood ****. I took the original recipe, cut it into a quarters, it still makes 2 and a half 13x9 pans and still costs over $60 for all the ingrediants.
Way back in the day, I used to make spagetti every so often. A bud of mine used to come over every single time. WITHOUT notice. If I hadnt seen him in, a month, I could cook it, and bamd, within 15 minutes of it being finished, he would be knocking on the door, like clockwork. Needless to say he loved it. lol

i like dishes that can be (over)simplified.

My terriaki & stirfry dishes are allways a hit.
fry salmon mid-low heat in a bath of water, Lemon ( or lime) Juice, and terriaki ( mix to taste)
(not the thick stuff - thats a topping, the good stuff is close to soy sauce - runny) covered for the first half. the liquid shall not be more (nor less) than half the height of the fish in the pan

do the same darned thing with the vegatables.
top with that thick terriaki if you must. eat and clean up. YUM.

my favorite breakfast - instant oatmeal. fruit and cream variety pack. genaric brand.
rip open pouch. pour in cold water. stir. enjoy right from pouch.
yes, the pouches are watertight, unless you were a goober and shredded it. if you dont stir, youl end up with dry seasoning in the bottom. and i perfer the taste and texture to any "real" oatmeal type breakfast. :cool:

Last edited:
I can grill burgers nicely, make hot dogs, cereal, pizza out of the freezer, oatmeal, and thats about it. I am however, perfect at getting the "chemistry of tea and coffee" just right. cappucino, latte, fruppcino, you name it.

Back