• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Clear Preview - 3/26/05 9mmCensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
http://www.overclockers.com/articles1201/

great review. of product. What is the pricing? Where can you get it? And i just want to know, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT TASTES BAD?

Anyways, I have been looking for a great product to clean my glasses and monitor, and may get some. SO after a few days, it has yet to wear off any of hte darkening chemical in your glasses? That is great. That's something I always worry about, because I have lost that darkening stuff before and had to have my glasses 'redarkened', and that's an expensive way to find out that the stuff on TV doesn't work quite as advertised...

Thanks for taste testing it for us 9mm!!! :p

I'm pleased to see Arctic Silver's continued success and expansion. We need more innovative U.S. based companies like them to take back the market! :cool:

I tasted ArctiClear because I was curious...

I dont know about pricing or distribution. I will PM Colin about it. I would like to see it in computer shops and glasses stores.

I have been using it for a white now, and everything is great. I have the coloured glasses, that change in the light, and there is no damage at all that is apparent, they still change and get dark.

My mom already said that she wants a bottle, so I will be buying her one.

I can't believe you clean your glasses 2 times a day...

It seems like it would be better suited for cleaning off heatsinks than glasses, but hey, at least it has multiple uses.

I wonder if Arctic Silver could make home cleaning products...

Seven said:
I can't believe you clean your glasses 2 times a day...

It seems like it would be better suited for cleaning off heatsinks than glasses, but hey, at least it has multiple uses.

I wonder if Arctic Silver could make home cleaning products...

I clean my glasses in the morning, dirty them during the day , then I get home and clean them and then dirt them at home. I have massive eyelashes that make all the girls jealeous, so they touch my lenses and dirty my glasses easily.

No, ArctiClear is for cleaning glasses, monitors and glass.
ArctiClean is for heatsinks and CPUs as it has a corrosion inhibitor and is designed to clean of the TIM.

What's next??? Arcticr@p toilet bowl cleaner? 99.9% pure micronized silver, bacteriostatic action... LOL

PS What's arcticlear got to do with OVERCLOCKING?

RonnieG said:
What's next??? Arcticr@p toilet bowl cleaner? 99.9% pure micronized silver, bacteriostatic action... LOL

PS What's arcticlear got to do with OVERCLOCKING?

Hey RonnieG,

Lots of overclockers have nice fancy and expensive LCD monitors. Doesn't it make sense to have a product that is safe to clean them with?

- 9mmCensor

I've been looking for something to clean my LCD with, that definitely looks promising.

No word on cost or availability yet. We are still in the prototype stage with monthly revisions.

I've been using my sample bottle for about a month, cleaned my glasses every couple of days, cleaned up half a dozen monitors, can't see that I've made a dent in it really, comes out in a nice fine spray.

I think it will be very widely available, just as soon as they've got a small kink or two worked out. You don't want them to make you pay to be beta testers do ya?

For instance, mine came with a warning "Caution: Contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause sexual attraction in Badgers" and as I was walking up the street after using it on my glasses one day, there was a vole looking at me funny. So you just have to be patient unless you want to get your leg humped by random members of the rodent family. ;)

RoadWarrior said:
I think it will be very widely available, just as soon as they've got a small kink or two worked out. You don't want them to make you pay to be beta testers do ya?

For instance, mine came with a warning "Caution: Contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause sexual attraction in Badgers" and as I was walking up the street after using it on my glasses one day, there was a vole looking at me funny. So you just have to be patient unless you want to get your leg humped by random members of the rodent family. ;)

Road...You just made my day. I will now go to bed happy that all is right with the world.

As a habit I try to stay away from badgers and such, so I think I'll give this a try if I can get my hands on some.

How is this stuff any different than the glasses-cleaning spray I can grab at my optometrist's for free?

Seems like and awful lot fo hype for something that... gasp - cleans glass!

Back