• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paper LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's interesting...

Very interesting...

It looks promising over the ages, imagine PDAs with that sorta thing. You could just have a huge screen in a very small device eventually.

interesting technology. been seeing hints of it for years in popular science and popular mechanics...... it has great potential... but i dont' see it as being used for much other than advertisment for a few years.

we probably won't see it in anything but for say, billboards at first... from what i've read... its hard enough to get it to work with black and white correctly.. much less color...

but then again, i read an article about it in PopSci about 1 1/2 years ago, and that was the problems... they may have come a long ways since then

yea ive been keeping up with this tech for a while, it's called OLED, Organic Light Emitting Diode, and the cool thing about is, is that it's pretty cheap to produce because you can basically "spray" on the moniter. You can find OLED displays even now, in certain models of cameras. Yea this tech will really be cool and the crazy thing is that the idea got started from fireflies and other insects/plants that produce chemicals that glow!

hmm... still... the main problems i've read about with it are refresh times and brightness. if they can solve those, then heck yeah, it'll be a great technology.

Back