• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your jobs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

What do you guys do? Right now my grades suck kind of but i will transfer to a tech high school next year. Post what you do, what education you had, what you had to do to obtain it. Optional information can be salary.

Junior in college, going for a computer science degree (hardware, although this school has only business-related courses so I'll probably do grad school). I work at a bookstore back home over vacations.

I work for Sherwin-Williams Company - they make paint and coatings mainly. They have about 1800 employees at headquarters I believe (guessing), and 1000's more across the country and internationally.

I'm a PC/LAN Analyst Coop there while I finish up my BA in Computer Information Systems. I work in a helpdesk group, and typically spend about 10 hours on the phone helping our employees every couple weeks. The rest, I contribute to projects and work cases that are input into our problem resolution software. We support the entire company from our small group of 25 people, except for the people who actually work in the stores.

I'm only allowed to get paid for 35 hours a week as a Coop (intern), but I usually put in about 45. I make $13 an hour.

Last edited:
I'm a junior at George Mason University where I'm currently working on a Bachelor's in communication with a minor in business (essentially a Marketing degree minus the statistics requirement).

I don't work right now (lucky me) and I make odd and random amounts of money doing commissions for artwork at both Anime conventions and through contacts online. Once I finish school I will probably be moving to Colorado or Michigan in search of an entry-level Marketing position in hopes of working for one company the rest of my life.
I wanted to work for Lego, but that was before Mattel bought them. I'd like to work for a diverse company like Procter & Gamble, or a computer hardware manufaturer of some kind.

i have the 3 greatest slacker jobs ever, i work at a department store as a stock clerk (i pull skids, get buggys, and do the trash) cashier at a tourist trap (make 400 a week and do nothing) and work at a funeral home doing almost nothing (25/hr)

I'm going to Paramedic/Nursing school in the fall. If you get hurt, I'll take care of you. ; )

I'm a Chemistry student here: www.chem.ed.ac.uk and I have just finished year two of five of an MChem with Industrial Experience degree.

I work part time here: www.currys.co.uk (the stores, not the website)

I also have volunteered at www.scifun.ed.ac.uk

jack222 said:
I want to be a programmer and/or a wb desinger, things that will never be out fo buisnes.

Is it going to hurt me if a college sees my freshamn year i had 2 F's but i greatly improve int he last 3 years?

Try and flesh out other areas. If you have improved greatly in the final 3 years I think you should be OK, although having a good section in your Curriculum Vitae about work experience, voluntary work, sports, hobbies, achievements etc is what will often set you apart from others.

EDIT:

OK why did my post appear above 3-4 others that were there first. I smell something screwy.

BRIMCV said:

Grrr.... west coast scum :p J/K

Last edited:
IT for a doctor's office - answer questions, fix software and hardware problems (ghost is my best friend :D ), and design new computer/server systems for the doctors. $15 hr., but only part time cuz I've fixed everything :( .

I will also be getting an internship with a large company in NW Ohio (that I forget the name right now) in the summer, once I turn in my resume. And I don't know what I'll be doing there... yet.

I want to be a programmer and/or a wb desinger, things that will never be out fo buisnes.

Is it going to hurt me if a college sees my freshamn year i had 2 F's but i greatly improve int he last 3 years?

At University third year degree year for Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering hope to do some simulation of part machining using Pro Manufacture, Solid Cut etc

Dunno if i will stay for Hons too high a drop out rate for my course.

Worked for a loans company at start of semester collecting arrears for Students who havent paid loans ironic.

Hope to get placement during summer for an enginneering company.

jack222 said:

How can you get an F in highschool. I would contact the ACLU and say your teachers vilolated your right to learn. The ACLU wastes too much time defending Nazis anyways.

I work as the systems admin for a legal services company.

I got an F because i hate Latin and i hate my teacher. Second, in math i am making stupid mistakes and jsut stupid ones which are making me fail.

If youd lke to defend my case by all means ill go to them.

working at ticket master.... with 2 associates!!!

anyways... 6.50 an hour (part time... full time is 7.00 an hour)

+25 cents for every ticket sold
+20 cents for every upsale
+30 bucks a month for perfect attendance (not even back from break late once)
+50 per paycheck for being top seller of TicketFast (tickets through e-mail)

its grand... i earn more than most of the supervisors... they get a base of 8.00 an hour....

I work for Haliburton Brown & Root as an Ironworker fabricator currently making $17 hr.
I put in about 40-60 hrs a week.
I build stuff ( beams, platforms, etc. ) out of steel.
When you drive by a chemical plant you see all that metal beams and stuff, that is what I build.
Hopefully soon I will get my Welder forman job back that paid $22.50.
I salute the ones that took/taking college because being a blue collar worker is not the way to go ( pay wise).

I have technical diplomas in mechanics, interior design, and graphic design. I'm not currently working in any of those fields. :rolleyes:

I'm working as a computer tech in a franchise store.

I am currently a senior at Rio Mesa High School. I work for myself, doing technical support at $25/hour.

I plan to go to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Unviersity for three years, starting after I complete general education at the local community college and my Aviation minor with my airline-pilot and flight-instructor Dad. I will graduate ERAU with a Master's in Software Engineering and a minor in aeronautical science/aviation.

After that, the sky is the limit.

Back