• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slightly confused...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Here's there deal,

I had 2 gigs of cheap samsung pc3200, I wanted more performance, so i went out and purchased 1gig of dual channel pc3200el ocz rev 2....

On the sandralite memory bandiwth, my numbers went down 750 points. Even though my other ram ran at about 3 5 5 9.. or close to that.

This new stuff runs at 2 2 2 5... which is better for playing games?

I dont trust Sandra Bandwidth , try running SuperPi 1M and seeing if you score more or less. Also memtest gives you a nice idea of your system bandwidth as its unbuffered. These two should show that u gained bandwidth .

Everest also will measure bandwidth. Your scores should have gone up, with all other things being equal, as the timings are so much better. You may want to check the timings with CPU-Z. Good luck.

nope . It shouldnt , most benchies only take half of the ram when they bench and the amount of ram doesnt affect the bandwidth .

|3ourne said:
nope . It shouldnt , most benchies only take half of the ram when they bench and the amount of ram doesnt affect the bandwidth .
I second that, particularly with Sandra it has no affect.

Back