• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory for $120-$130 max?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arthur

Registered
Whats the best set of ram i can get at a max price of $120-$130

I don't plan to over clock it do hard but atleast a little.

Depends, can you supply 3.0+ volts? If yes, go mushkin blue line from outpost.com and you can get 250+ MHz @ 2-2-2-5, or just go value ram @ 75$+ if you cannot supply the volts...

yes they do, they have a jumper that switched it from taking vdimm from the 3.3v rail to the 5v rail, so you could hypothetically get 5 volts on the vdimm, but it would kill pretty much every stick of ram out there.

Everybody got the blues, huh? That time of the year, I guess.

But they are all still giving you good advice.

Mushkin has the Blues and many of the other vendors seem to all currently have ram using the Winbond UTT chips. There is a certain amount of luck involved in getting stellar overclocks from UTT (like most other ICs), but it seems that most will do 240 - 260, some even more, with timing of 2-2-2-x and anywheres from 3.4v to 3.6v applied to the memory. It plays real well with the DFI (but then what doesn't) and for the money, you just can't beat it.

Another similar choice is the TwinMOS PC3200 Speed Premiums from newegg. It sells for $55 per stick, or $110 per gig which is just a little bit cheaper, but not much. Add shipping and it comes out to just under $120, the Outpost stuff with shipping is somewhere around $127 or $128 so basically its the same.

Eithe one of those will get you a very nice running rig. Have fun.

Back