• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retail bh-5 is still available!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
OK, first of all...I'm not advocating that you buy this because its not cheap. For that same reason I did not post this in the Cyber Deals...because its not.

It is however, retail KHX PC3200 (non A) or in other words...genuine bh-5 with warranty.

I was just looking through ZZF's ram listing and saw the KHX 256 sticks...each for $83 which is outrageously high, but it is available. That is $333 for a gig folks (but it does include shipping)!

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80092-9

Just thought I would pass that along. If you really wanted virgin bh-5 and only wanted a couple of sticks for benchies, well...here they are.

edit:
Single 512MB sticks are available as well, for $120/stick. A steal when compared to the 256MB sticks. Not a whole lot more for genuine original bh-5 vs the newer stuff for just under $200.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-9

Last edited:
LA and LE use TCCD memory chips , which can clock higher than the GH model but albeit at looser timings. The GH uses the new Winbond Bh5 die which can clock upto about 250 mhz on an avg with voltage and 2-2-2-5 as timings. The thing about BH5 is that they dont work with loose timings , so your stuck with giving them more voltage to clock higher . That being said , performance should be no less than smouldering at about DDR520 at 2-2-2-5 timings :D .

so if i wanna clock as with the GH as high as the LA n LE, i'll need 2 pump alot of volts rite?

wait but i thought bh-5's had the highest overclocking speeds, even higher than tccd

nope, tccd has gotten up to ddr800 speeds. it was crazy, some asian guy did it. bh-5 loves volts and tight timings and maxes out around 250-70 max with 2-2-2-5. tccd loves lower volts and looser timings and maxes out around 275-325 2.5-4-4-7.

hey the amd 64 3200 multiplier is 10 rite?
10X270(venice) 1:1 with bh-5 if tat was possible, WOW

Of course, keep in mind that the typical bh-5 clocks we all are accustomed to are those from the XP and P4 days (circa late 2002 and into 2003). Those clocks of 250 were hit usually with 3.4v-3.5v on modded boards.

Today, a very tweak friendly DFI board with a unlocked A64 FX and up to 4v at its disposal seems to be able to get more out of any stick than was previously thought possible. You hear more and more of guys hitting 270 and beyond with bh-5 (of course, those are the guys that didn't sell theirs when the TCCD ram became popular).

I think that good bh-5, on todays rigs, will surpass anything that was achievable back in its glory days.

the 294 i saw was on a newer rig with a dfi board. they utilized like the whole 4v's and it was crazy! i was like 294! i wish i could get 220, ofcourse that was back when i had my buffalo b-line piece of crap ram.

so basically bh-5 is better if u want tighter timings but in return has slightly lower speeds
tccd has greater speed but looser timings

yea. tccd is good for boards that cant do like over 3vs max. most tccd likes 2.8 or 2.9 and will get 275 at 2.5-4-4-7 as a rule, some lower. not many higher. bh-5 is a voltage lover, like to get to 250 some sticks need only 3.2 some need 3.6 it all depends

is the gskill a bh-5 or a memory tat's bh-5 like?
n would the kingston b a better choice becuz it has heatsinks?

so i would take like a 80mm n put it rite above the ram?
where would i place the clips tho?
i plan to get the lian li pc-v1000b

Back