• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.skill LA's 245 fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

Well, i was searching threw some threads, and got some decent timings for g.skill la's. I went threw and did a couple things, and managed to get decent ram speeds. I was wondering if there was any way i could get my cpu speed higher, without going over 245, in order to get a faster cpu clock. I already tried max mem at 166 w/fsb at 279 and my same timings, and that did not work.

Setup
Epox 9nda3+
Winny 3000+ CBBID
xp-120
Gskill la's ddr 400.

Attachments

• timings.JPG
    timings.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 67
Those timings are too loose for Gskill LAs . You should be able to take get to about 275 mhz at 2.5-3-3-7 at least. Have you run memtest yet ? What are your other system specs ? What ram voltage ?

Ram voltage is on auto, it works great and was super stable. There was not enough cpu speed for me so i used the same timings and my fsb is at 275 right now, with mem 166 on.

drop your multi to 8x and start memtesting with ram at about 260 mhz timings of 2.5-3-3-7 with different voltages. Like try 2.7 , 2.8 or 2.9 . TCCD errors out if you give it too much voltage or too little voltage . Use memtest #5 as the indicator for voltage problems. Go from there , leaving all the other timings at auto and once you start erroring out again at about 280 mhz then start playing with other timings to see which suits you. Onepagebook actually has a really good guide setup on this forum . Try searching for it. It will give you a general idea how to go about getting a stable memory overclock. You technically should be able to do 8x300 even on a crappy CBBID with decent volts. That should give you a nice memory bandwidth dispite of your having a crappy stepping.

What max memory rate should it be at. Right now i have it at 270, 2.5-3-3-7 and it is pretty stable. I am doing 1.55 volts to my processor, and 2.65 to my ram. I tried 275 but it seemed to flake out.

well are you using memtest to test for stability ? Increase ur ram voltage to 2.7 or 2.75V.
2.7V was the sweet spot for my LE kit on my Neo2 .
Read this thread http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59354
It should be very very helpful in your case. You shouldnt need more than 1.55V for your proc to get stable at 2.4 ghz ( 8x300) . Even though that guide was done on a DFI NF4 you can follow it by using A64 tweaker and clockgen with windows memtest to test for stability on your board.
Its a slow process , be patient and go 5 mhz at a time. Keep memory 1:1 ratio with your cpu .
Good Luck !

Back