• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this ram good....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chevalier

Registered
Going to be building a new system when Venice/San Diego comes out and I ordered this RAM

Good choice, or something better?

Do plan to OC BTW.

Yep , thats a good choice . That model from OCZ has TCCD chips in it if im not wrong . Should be good for DDR600+ if you play with the timings . It depends on which board your getting too . DFI NF4 or the Epox NF4 gives u a whole bunch of options to fine tune your ram and extract every bit of performance out of it.

Going to be getting the DFI Lanparty UT NF4-D or SLI board. Looking to get the best performance I can for gaming within a 2k or so budget.

Get a NF4 UT , and put in an x850xt ( 450 dollars on Newegg ) . This ram would work just fine . Hope you are waiting for Venice :) . That should be a nice killer rig for you . Just make sure you have good cooling . Thermalright Xp120 for your cpu , ATI silencer 5 for your gpu and you should be all set. Remember that board is a pain to get it setup and running but once you tweak it to the max and have it running smooth , your system will purr with speed . Its not for the faint hearted or ones who give up soon .

Yeah, going to get a 3500+ Venice. Already have XP 120 and Panaflow Medium speed waiting for it.

Also have ATI Silencer 5 for when I get the x850xt. :)

If you are getting an SLI board, why are you getting an x850? Why wouldnt you get 6800gt, or a pair of 6600gt's to run in SLI?

Not going to get the SLI board. Wasn't sure at the time if the SLI was better than the NF4 Ultra, but saw that Ultra performs just as well.

Back