• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of OCZ plat. 4800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

As the title says - I'm thinking of getting some in the near future. At present, I'm running corsair XMS plat. @ 200, 2-2-2-6 1t and getting 5700ish + in sandra - appreciate that's only peak / theoretical though. So anyway, was wondering if anyone had positive / negative input, taking into account the OCZ 4800 stuff is rated @ 2.5-4-4-10 - and 1t only on certain boards. My setup is an MSI K8N neo2 platinum, and winch 3200... Any input would be good...:)

i have 3500 gold(awesome)
my duddy has 3200 plat and loves it.Most importantly they love extra voltage put to them....

tweaker

kewl...I'll snap me some up next month probably....hopefully increasing those benchmarks and making doom3 a bit more lively... Nice scores on the 3dmarks btw tweaker - I was running a watercooled XP2500 with a 9700pro in an A7N8X, using the corsair ram I'm using now; Moved up to an X800XT a while back, then with the MB / CPU earlier this month

It should work well on that motherboard. We test the 4800 platinum on the MSI board at OCZ so it should all be great as long as your CPU's memory controller is good

Cheers steveOCZ - could be pm'ing you in the near future if I get stuck on the memory timings... :) Have to get the ram first though!

Back