• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lostboy1963

Registered
have a gigabyte k8ns 939 w/nforce 3,2 gig 2.o latencey ram,18*230 cpu.was told to try changing timings settings..how do I do that??
thanks

You should do some homework first. Here a really good guide on it.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=257741

Also, please let us know what kind of ram you are using. You may want to post all of your specs in your signature, (like I have in the bottom of my post) so it will always be there.

Remember that a 2t command rate with 2gb of ram is not recommended, nor is it accomplished very often. Also, if your motherboard permits, there may be some ways to tweak your memory bank interleave expressely for 2gb. I can't remember any specifics, but you may want to do some research on this also.

hello!tried to disable 2T timings and wouldn`t boot ,had to clear bios and reset everything,what am I missing?
thanks

MrCooper suggest for you to get a nice set of TCCD Ram for your setup. Xerox ram just cant hang with the bigboys at 2T timings......... :)

Even with tccd, 2gb probably would not happen. I think I may have seen a couple people pull it off, but, it isn't normal.

Back