• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5AD2-E Premium and XMS2 Pro 5400 1gb Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I have both Asus P5AD2-E Premium and Corsair XMS2 Pro PC-5400 and the problem i have is that it runs at 533 MHz. i want it to run at its full speed. Can you guys please tell me how and what i need to change in order to make it work.

BioTuned said:
I have both Asus P5AD2-E Premium and Corsair XMS2 Pro PC-5400 and the problem i have is that it runs at 533 MHz. i want it to run at its full speed. Can you guys please tell me how and what i need to change in order to make it work.

Well, "full speed" would be 667mhz. With that said, you will need to fun a divider of 2:3 and overclock your fsb 222mhz. That would give you around 667mhz on your ram.

222mhz x2 (because ddr effectively runs at twice the clock speed) x 1.5 (2:3 divider). Make sense? I probably could have worded it better! But, it's late.

-Collin-

Back