• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill memory..ordered some!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WangoZ

I've been tossing about 2 different types of value memory...The Twinmos speed premium (which newegg has on the shelf again) or this G.Skill RAM:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-231-012&depa=0

I went with the G.Skill for some unkown reason, more of a toss up I guess.
Pairing it with my DFI NF3 UT Lanparty and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer..If this RAM performs halfway decent I'm hoping for some decent overclocking numbers!

Anyone try this GSkill yet?

I'm not sure anone here has tried it yet, but I remember somebody over at XS did really well with this stuff. Not quite as well as the Gskill 4400 LCs or LAs but pretty nicely.

This is the "value ram" of G.Skill. The reason this doesnt act like value ram is because of it;s timings. It has CAS 2. The guy in the reviews said he got it to 250 with loose timing.

Got some of these today, if they oc well I'll keep them if they don't I'll put it in a system I'm building for someone else, just glad I found this on another thread before I spend more on some other more expensive ram.

Back