• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP DDR2 PC5600 XBL users?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey guys,

I have the above mentioned ram sitting on my desk, waiting on a motherboard and CPU. Does anyone own this ram? It is rated at PC4200 3-2-2-8 and PC5600 at 4-3-3-8. These seemed like great timings and speed fromw when I did the research, but I don't see anyone talking about it! Why is it not popular? It is also hundreds of dollars less than the corsair competition! What gives?

-Collin-

Damn that sound's like some really kick *** ram. I dont think there is to many people into DDR2 just yea you might want to try over @ XS.

What IC's are they using under those PDP ddr2? The Microns seems to be doing great from the results taken at xs. 4-2-2- timings the least. Now that's fast.

NinjaZX6R said:
Should be the Micron IC's. I have heard they can do as high as DDR800 at 3-2-2-x with 2.3v.

-Collin-
Yes I have heard that as well. Batboy has some as does Cptn Caveman and many others. I belive they hit DDR700 with 3-2-2 @ 2.1v or so

i think the only reason they arent so popular yet cuz they are new.. and imo its expected to see faster ram with high bandwidth after the OCZ 3-2-2-8 ddr2s were out..

iam not getting my new bits very soon.. so this will give me time to see some reviews on this ram.. lookin forward for ur benchies! good luck

Sentential said:
Yes I have heard that as well. Batboy has some as does Cptn Caveman and many others. I belive they hit DDR700 with 3-2-2 @ 2.1v or so

I have OCZ EB rev.2, not the PDP XBL.

I agree, they really should get similar results. I'd be interested in seeing if that's true. Here's what mine does.

OCZ-EB-cpuz-max.JPG

Sentential said:
Very nice results. I plan on going DDR2 once the i955X hit. Ill be getting something similar to what you have. :)

What are you going to do for a video card? Sell the Ultra? ;)

-Collin-

I have the PDP DDR2 PC2-5600 XBLK. I have no complaints. I just wish I had time to test the stuff. From my research, I was between the PDP XBLK and the OCZ EB DDR2 PC2-4200 rev2 which Batboy, Ranger and a few others have. From reviews, it appeared that the OCZ could hit higher speeds(warranted up to 2.2v) but the PDP's had slighly tighter timings. I went PDP b/c they're a bit cheaper and don't plan to do any extreme oc'ng, so I wanted the tightest timings. I just wish I had gotten 1gbx2 instead of 512mbx2.

ps. If I win the $168m Megamillions lottery tonight, I'll have plenty of time to test the ram and will let you know. :)

speed bump said:
Collins got a new picture of hot chick(his girlfriend) in his avatar.

Does this mean your getting out of the ddr 1 arena Collin and that sweet UTT will be for sale?

Lol, no, I still have a computer that uses DDR1, so I cannot imagine letting that UTT go :(

-Collin-

Yep, sounds good. I was able to get my 2:3 divider working correctly, so I am at DDR644 at 3-2-2-4....my Celeron D will not go higher on the fsb. So, I am stuck with 215mhz 2:3 for now!

-Collin-

Cool. Dumb question, I thought about going with a 2:3 divider but are there any disadvantages by doing this? I had originally left things at 1:1 DDR533 3-2-2-4 @ 1.8v before messing around this weekend.

Back