• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Xms 3200 Winbound Utt -5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f1re

Registered
Well my local pc shop is selling the Corsair TWINX 1G PC3200 C2 REV 1.5. Ive gathered that these are new chips and are "
CMX512 3200C2PT v1.5 0512148-0 = Winbond -5 Rev B UTT"

So i would like to know before i buy, how for has UTT -5 Rev B know to O/C and on what volts and timmings? Or is this chip kidna new?

You may have seen these threads over at XS...they are probably your best bet as far as getting an idea about what these chips will do. In addition to the OCZ and the G.Skill, all new Mushkin Blue in the dual-packs is supposed to be made with the bh die, as well. TwinMOS has a PC3500 Speed Premium with the BH die but so far it is only available in Europe and Asia (I believe).

OCZ:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58374

G.Skill:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58386

ok thnks i just want to know what voltages will bring which mhz casue i dont want to void warrentee (2.9v). Will too much voltages on winbound shorten its life?

Winbond ram, per the spec sheets, is supposed to be able to handle 3.6v and some guys have been known to feed it more than that. The problem is whether or not the rest of the modules can handle such extreme doses of voltage. I don't think that there has ever been a time where so many guys are capable, between the DDR Booster, modded boards or the stock DFI, of giving their sticks so much voltage. Before long we should know whether or not these modules can handle the extreme dosages of Vitamin V that they are being fed.

Will it be safe to have the new UTT B5 at 3.3v 24/7? Or on that volatge everytime i use my computer? (avergae 10hrs a day)....i dont want to kill this ram to geta good o/c

uh how do i put a fan over them. currently my system temp is 30'c. and my cpu is 35'c, ive got a Zalman 7000B alcu near the ram slots of that helps....
or do i still need somthing to cool the ram down.

60 or 80 mm fans work fine. There are various places to fasten one depending on which case you have. I strapped an 80mm fan to my PSU rail above the ram with a couple zip ties. Works great. Is there anything in your case to secure one to?

-Collin-

Ninja,

Pass this tip along to your girlfriend...if she uses cold water when she does her laundry her shirts won't shrink quite so much... :)

Reefa_Madness said:
Ninja,

Pass this tip along to your girlfriend...if she uses cold water when she does her laundry her shirts won't shrink quite so much... :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! I like them shrunk buddy :)

-Collin-

why is it that every post of Ninjas has comments on his girl! you should do a post in general section just for g/f.

anyhow if you go to ram guys tech forum under enthusiasts there is an IC thread and they will tell you everything about the ram. and 2.9 is max that warranty allows.

NinjaZX6R said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! I like them shrunk buddy :)

-Collin-

I bet you do...as a matter of fact...I suspect you changed the water temp setting on the washer to extra hot, didn't you?

Back