• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP XBLK results...triumph after a long struggle !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Most of you folks who have been following my recent setbacks with my rig(s) would remember that I had 0 success with TCCD on the ASUS A8V. I found out the hard way that the ASUS A8V (VIA chipset) doesn't really like TCCD.

I got the DFI-Ultra D as an upgrade, thinking that it would allow more overclocking headroom. Needless to say I was struggling again. But, something good happened yesterday (about time!). I recieved my PDP XBLK in the mail and fired it up straight away.

I hit 287 (CPU limited as I'll lose my CPU clocks) out of the box at 2.7 V !!

It did take a fair bit of tweaking and many thanks to robowang over at DFI Forums (I copied some of his settings exactly). Burning in today with Memtest (3 passes 0 errors). The ones in orange were crucial to passing Test #8.

Genie Bios settings are as follows:
DRAM Timings:-
Ram Multi 200 1:1
CPC ENABLED
Tcl 2.5
Trcd 04
Tras 08
Trp 03
Trc 11
Trfc 22
Trrd 02
Twr 02
Twtr 01
Trwt 03
Tref 4708
Twcl 01
Bank Inter EN
Skew Control Auto (Off)
Drive Strength 07
Max Async Auto (8ns)
Read Preamble 05
Idle Cycle 256
Dyn Counter DIS
R/W Que Bypass 16X
Bypass MAx 7X
32 Bit Gran DIS

Voltages etc:-
HTT 286
LDT X3
Cpu Multi X9
PCE-I 100
Vcore Startup 1.500
Vcore 1.500
Vcore Special 110%
LDT V 1.3
Chipset V 1.7
Vdimm 2.7

More updates to follow!

I know this is nothing spectacular for you guys, but I cant help but :D

Edit:
3-10 BIOS. (Thanks Dread-Star!)

Since I have decided to reinstall Windoze anyway, trying out some insane FSB like 350 is on the agenda :D

Sen,
I had my trashcan next to my bed last night. If it didn't work out, this board was going in to it :D

Check this out Mate :)
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3265278&postcount=2

This has been confirmed by two independent Memory manufacturers, GSKill (evident from my conversation in the above link) and my e-mail correspondence with engineers/reps at PDP. My own personal experience was 240MHz is the wall, no matter what timings once chooses to use (with the ASUS A8V).

Now this is not limited to PDP TCCD alone but almost all TCCD. RDRash has confirmed my suspicion that GSkills (Among the best TCCD stuff available in the market today) are afflicted by this too.

Thanks for confirming that! Its nice to know that I'm not indulging in scare mongering :D. Good luck with your NV!

i cant wait! 1:1 here i come! i got my tccd in that 80 dollar patriot pc4000 ram though. i opened it up and nearly died! but then i put it in and it was less then stellar, so iwas like ohh, but im soo excited again!

Back