• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Pc-5000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vaio

ANyone get a chance to play with this new memory from OCZ? It looks pretty interesting, and the speed claims to run at sounds almost too good to be true.

inkfx said:
Who is going to hit PC5000 speeds, not on air or water. Unless you are going to phase change some ram, then its kinda useless.

With an unlocked CPU multi (which all A64's have) then you drop to 7x or 8x and you can do 300FSB+ on air no problem :santa:

inkfx said:
Who is going to hit PC5000 speeds, not on air or water. Unless you are going to phase change some ram, then its kinda useless.

Quite a few people run at 300+HT on air...like Steve stated...just lower the multiplier and go from their...

I am interested to see what kind of results this stuff is giving too. For example what are the tightest timings DDR600 is going to run at. If it can't do 2.5-4-3-7 at DDR 600 there would be no point in me upgrading from PC3200EL Rev 2.

Eldonko said:
I am interested to see what kind of results this stuff is giving too. For example what are the tightest timings DDR600 is going to run at. If it can't do 2.5-4-3-7 at DDR 600 there would be no point in me upgrading from PC3200EL Rev 2.

No tighter timings than other tccd, but it stretches a wee bit further over 300, but again at looser timings. I have tested ocz's 4200-4800 and 2 sets of 5000. Not much difference between the sets. Best stable timings are 2.5-4-3-7-1T at 300HTT on the DFI board at 2.8v. Higher volts does not help and actually throws errors.

Thanks xgman, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Seems to me there is little difference between PC3200 and PC5000 when it comes to the max OC and tightest timings. I guess the advantage to PC5000 is a guarantee to run at DRR600 instead of a hope to run DDR600. Either way, I am keeping my 3200el rev2, no point of wasting more money on RAM that I may get a few more Mhz out of at 2.5-4-3-7.

my post on DFI Street: (with sig)

after 2 hours:

with Angry's "fail safe" settings:
(EXCEPT: 3-4-4-10 as per rated)

Mem: 2.8V

315x8 stable*
325x6 stable*

cant boot with x7 @ any speed ( :confused: )
cant boot with mem divider ( :confused: )

* = boot into windows, start P95 (pri:8) Torture Test "in place" , S-pI M4 test, CPU-Z, Sandra Mem Bandwidth test, after all tests run let P95 go for another 5 min.
(NOT true stable but probly close ;) )

L.P. NF4 Ultra-D (BIOS 3/10)
3200 Winnie (FX-55 soon)
TT V12 (MachII soon)
SAPPHIRE X850-XT, stock cooling (172W TEC, DD Maze4 soon)
OCZ PowerStream 600
36G Raptor

too many memory sticks to list (BH-5, UTT, TCCD, etc)
who knows what ive got in there now... :rolleyes: (Mushkin Blue with "classic" BH-5 & black PCB)

"ghetto-fans" cooling everything that gets hot
PIC of current rig

id have to guess 325... i really want to use these sticks with the FX chip. but that means tearing down the MachII again. :rolleyes:

ive put them in the MSI/FX/MachII setup but this MSI cant seem to hit 300+ HTT (BIOS was selected for UTT based mem but i have changed timings)

as of recently, ive acquired the "WOW bug" and have a hard time tearing down (or turning off) my main rig :p
(maybe after my Rogue hits 60th ill have more time to OC again :shrug: )

Back