• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte OC RAM problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THUMPer_

ill keep this simple.
i have a gigabyte 8IK1100 REV2.

i have the multiplyer set at 223x13. i cant get up to 230, and i think its because i cant set me DIMM VOltage to 2.9. i have been in bios and even got into advanced setting by pressing ctrl+F1. there is no option to go above 2.0. i can go under 2.0 but not any higher...is this just the board? or am i missing something?
thanks
cory

Yeah I think your trying to set your CPU voltage. Either that or the Gigabyte board just says how much its overvolting by adding +0.1 or +0.2 on to the defualt DIMM voltage.

Also it might help if you posted what kind of setup you are running. IE CPU, Memory and Mobo.

Finally I'm going to PM a Mod to see if he can move this to the Moherboard/Intel/Gigabyte section as it should hopefully get more attention there than in the memory section were it is now.

ya sorry about posting in the wrong part. i wasnt to sure where to go haha. but i guess the mobo section makes sence

anyway
i have a gigabyte 8IK1100
P4 2.6 Northwood OCed now to 2.9
kingston PC3200 Hyperx ram 2x256
ATI x800XT PE

i was thinking that maybe .1 .2 or .3 would be the voltage, but it says over voltage...im confused

Back