• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR266 --->DDR400 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TZH

Registered
i wnt to buy a DDR400 and i wnt to run in DDR266(because my damn motherboard only can handly that 266 :bang head ) can or not ??
what chould i do ????
set the timing or what ????

:eh?: :confused: :shrug: I'm not too sure what you're asking, it's a bit hard to decipher, but if I'm guessing correctly you want to know if DDR400 chips will run in your DDR266 board? The answer is yes, but if you have a 266mhz cap on your fsb then that's all you're going to get, period. IMO it'd be a waste of money to pay extra for the DDR400. Unless you're getting it at an equal price that is.

Yes, the DDR400 will work on a 266FSB system. I am using it in one of my Folding rigs with an 1800 Palimino. I bought a 512Mb stick of Wintec PC3200 because it was CHEAPER than the 512Mb stick of PC2100.

actually buying ddr 400 is not waste of money, it will cost few more bucks for generic memory, and when ddr 400 will work as ddr 266 you can adjust timings really tight, plus if ever upgrade to anything else in the future what will be better ddr 400 or ddr 266

yeah. throw in the DDR400 and you'll be able to drop the timings possibly even as low as 1.5-2-2-5 at a 1T precharge and still run it perfectly stable.

that would be nice as long as you can't go any higher on the FSB; may as well drop the timings as hard as you can.

Back