• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget modules?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is cheap?

Mushkin TCCD is $180 after $20 rebate right now at the egg. For TCCD that is cheap.

Otherwise, TwinMOS Speed Premiums or the OCZ Value VX or any of the other UTT based rams would be good choices, provided you can give them 3.3v or more. These can be had in the $100 - $150 range for a gig.

Reefa_Madness said:
What is cheap?

Mushkin TCCD is $180 after $20 rebate right now at the egg. For TCCD that is cheap.

Otherwise, TwinMOS Speed Premiums or the OCZ Value VX or any of the other UTT based rams would be good choices, provided you can give them 3.3v or more. These can be had in the $100 - $150 range for a gig.

Thanks I'd like to spend less than $100 and overclock to low latency...speed not important since I'm not overclcoking processor.. can any real cheap ram do this like muslin value corsair value?

I've been reading this forum for awile now and exactly what you recommend is hot but too expensive. I blew all my cash on processor and video card. Mobo is NF4 Epox.

Reefa_Madness said:
What is cheap?

The NEWER ones are TCC5, not TCCD buddy :) I guess they perform similarly though.

As for the cheapest, probably Either TwinMos speed premiums or mushkin blues. They need about 3.2v for any low latency results though.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
The NEWER ones are TCC5, not TCCD buddy :) I guess they perform similarly though.

As for the cheapest, probably Either TwinMos speed premiums or mushkin blues. They need about 3.2v for any low latency results though.

-Collin-

The new Level 2 V2s are TCC5?

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the heads up.

I better go post that in the Classifieds 'cause I put a link to them at newegg a couple of days ago.

Better yet...can you confirm my understanding before I go post wrong info?

Back