• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which one is tccd ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The first one is binned Winbond UTT, the second one is TCCD.

How high is high to you? The UTT is garenteed for 250fsb @ 2-2-2, and can be capable of more, while the TCCD is capable of 300fsb with looser timings. The UTT is almost a perfect fit for the DFI boards since it provides up to 4 volts to the RAM and UTT loves the extra volts, but it all depends on what you want to run your CPU at and what your budget allows.

well, i just want the fastest possible (isn't everybody lol) seriously, i'm planning to get a64 3200 the new venice core with dfi sli-dr mobo they rated thr ocz EL Platinum Revision 2 very highly probably the best ram out as we speak, but the utt is a pc 4000 it's hard to decide.
I guess need to read up on it a little more!

Thx anyways

What does UTT stand for? How is it better than TCCD? What does that stand for also.

Ultra Tight Timings...thats funny (and mostly accurate, too).

It actually stands for UnTestTed.

These ICs are sold to the module manufacturers without having been tested nor binned. It then is up to the manufacturers like OCZ and TwinMOS, for example, to test and rate them.

Whether they are better or not depends on how good they are, for starters, as not all of the stuff used in value PC3200 will run 250 at 2-2-2-x timings. It requires gobs of volts so if a person is limited to something like under 3.0v, TCCD would be a far better choice. With TCCD you can run tight timings at the lower speeds and then run 270 or more with relaxed timings. The UTT stuff, as a general rule, will only go so far, even with relaxed timings.

The DFI plays nice with just about any ram currently available so either one would be good. Keep in mind that the UTT in the value ram is more of a gamble as it has not been tested or rated at anything over 200 and then, its with relaxed timings. You have a very good chance of doing better, but no guarantee unless you go with a product like the OCZ VX PC4000 or perhaps wait and see what the new Mushkin Redline will do.

Last edited:
Reefa, you hit the nail on the head. UTT is pretty much untested. I bought a pair of 512mb Mushkin Enhanced (the gb pack, so it's bh) and it has a hard time running 200@2-3-3-6 dual channel. It will run stock without errors in memtest86 test 5 with one stick. But if you combine the stick and make 1gb it'll give you thousands of errors in test 5. I'm gonna go return these things and get my money back. I would be happy if it would run 2-3-3-6@200 with dual channel but these things can't do it. I guess mine was one of the bad packs. Go with ch-utt. They seem to work better than the bh-utt. By the way, these are not bh-5. They are bh-utt... Brainpower 815 pcb.

Reefa_Madness said:
Ultra Tight Timings...thats funny (and mostly accurate, too).

It actually stands for UnTestTed.

These ICs are sold to the module manufacturers without having been tested nor binned. It then is up to the manufacturers like OCZ and TwinMOS, for example, to test and rate them.

Whether they are better or not depends on how good they are, for starters, as not all of the stuff used in value PC3200 will run 250 at 2-2-2-x timings. It requires gobs of volts so if a person is limited to something like under 3.0v, TCCD would be a far better choice. With TCCD you can run tight timings at the lower speeds and then run 270 or more with relaxed timings. The UTT stuff, as a general rule, will only go so far, even with relaxed timings.

The DFI plays nice with just about any ram currently available so either one would be good. Keep in mind that the UTT in the value ram is more of a gamble as it has not been tested or rated at anything over 200 and then, its with relaxed timings. You have a very good chance of doing better, but no guarantee unless you go with a product like the OCZ VX PC4000 or perhaps wait and see what the new Mushkin Redline will do.

It's cool bro, I knew that. How's Ur Too Tight :santa: sounds? Nice eh! coz these rams will do tight timings to begin with. :p

Back