• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

i need some help choosing ram for a rig my m8 is building its gonna be a socket 939 dfi mobo with a venice core cpu. ive heard a lot about the tccd chips but which make and model can guarantee tccd chips or at least a good compatability and oc

I strongly suggest looking at OCZ VX line. Why you ask? Your DFI mobo hs a jumper for 4 volts to the memory. You have a board that can suply the volts the VX needs to get high. TCCD is great but i belive you can get tighter timings with VX and still get pretty high.

from 2-2-2-5 to 2.5-4-4-7 theres about a 40 mhz range, so if you plan to run htt300, then you have either choice, you can run your utt/bh-5 at 250 wiht 2-2-2-5 timings, or you can run tccd at 1:1 with 2.5-4-4-7, or if you want like 275 htt, slap on the 180 divider and run your bh-5/utt at ~250 with 2-2-2-5 timings or your tccd at 2.5-3-3-7. its up to you at what you want, they will both yield similar performance

jack222 said:
I have TCCD. The timings arent THAT loose.

Compaired to running at 260 with 2-2-2 timings...TCCD runs losser timings...TCCD can not do 2-2-2 timings past 230 for most...

Back