• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(sss-Its not TCCD) Geil TCCD $162 after rebate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tresmonos

You can find it here, on newegg. :)

A little new to the forums, definitely had to share a good find with y'all. AmandTech seems to like the stuff. You can find a link to a performance dilineation here.

Anyways, got mine coming FedEx in 4 days. Nothing like the FedEx truck showing up at the UPS'ers door every 2 weeks. I sure wish Newegg would give a choice of shipping :rolleyes:

Edit: Yeah and a little help on how to set up this system would be great :)

Last edited:
:welcome:

Thanks for sharing the info's. So when will your set arrived and be prepared for some high-end clocking? :p

Very good deal indeed :cool:

Yeah, I'm putting in an order for a new mobo (neo plat 2 possibly), gotta check up this forum as to everyone's opinion on agp 939 first. AGP & 939 is an oxymoron in itself. Then I'll pick up a venice when those come out and a new psu, probably a fortron 550 or a bluestorm. I just sleeved my *%#$%* 480W Thermaltake. I'm not going to risk a $700 investment on it. That and I wish I had access to the classifieds to sell it :-(

jack222 said:
Wrong place just so you know. Cyber deals is the correct place.

Sorry, I haven't dug that deep into this site yet. :shrug:

My apologies to the admin who will move this thread...

That's OK, change the title to:

"Help me OC my new GEIL TCCD that I just ordered from newegg (cheap for $162 after rebate)"

and then you've posted in the right place. :)

Its all in the wording.

That's a great price for some TCCD. Honestly, this does probably belong in the Cyber Deals section more, but it is truly a worhty contribution nonetheless.

deception``

Yeah, maybe it does but then it wouldn't count towards his post count would it (or is that just the Classifieds that don't count)? :)

By the way, tresmonos,

Welcome to the Madness....

(Which one of the three are you? Just kidding, but I couldn't help but chuckle about your choice of name. For those that don't read Spanish...translated it literally means three monkeys as in the "see no/hear no/speak no evil" monkeys).

Last edited:
Reefa_Madness said:
(Which one of the three are you? Just kidding, but I couldn't help but chuckle about your choice of name. For those that don't read Spanish...translated it literally means three monkeys as in the "see no/hear no/speak no evil" monkeys).

You hit the nail on the head :cool:

Yea, i didn't mean it in a bad way, i was in a hurry and just letting him know for future refernce. That's all. :)

Last edited:
Reefa_Madness said:
I certainly was just trying to keep it lite by kidding about the post count.

I don't think anyone is bashing him...you were just letting him know that there is a Cyber Deals section which is where people go to to find deals. Letting him know was the right thing to do.

Edit - May not be TCCD! See linked threads.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56460

Geil support:

http://www.geilusa.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=591&whichpage=2

Yes sir , they are not TCCD. The newer Ultra-X series are coming with Winbond BH-5 or UTT dies. So give it volts and it should fly ;) .

You gotta be kidding me. Now I'm either going to have to get some sort of a booster, or RMA this stuff. Wow, what a kick in the face.

Jack222: I didn't take your comment in any hostile subtext at all. I know this is probably the most friendly, helpful forums ab computer modding.

Thanks all... what would you guys do in my shoes? RMA and get TCCD? The chips are still in the mail, so I can't take the heat spreaders off to examine them...

wait a sec... why in the h3ll am I complaining about bh-5? Now I can add another mod to my computer: a pretty ddr booster! :thup:

Did you know that rebate means bull$#!^ in geek terminology. So I could say "ya I went to a cow farm and stepped in a big pile of rebate!"

I edited the title (I won't move it to Cyber Deals since its not TCCD)

-imho, I would RMA it, I am not a big fan of Geils since they are selling Geil Copper Silver paste and it's false advertising, it has ZERO silver in it and GEIL knows it. They have been ignoring me, so I am against ANYTHING Geils sells.

Silversinksam said:
I am against ANYTHING Geils sells.
nod.gif

Thanks guys for your input/help. I'm really kicking myself about not coming and asking opinions before I made this purchase. I think I'm going to go ahead and eat the fact that I won't be achieving any extraordinary clock speeds with the venice I pre-ordered as I don't want to pay a 15% restocking fee. :-/

time to drink these neo plat 2 / ram thoughts away.

Back