• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recomend me a $100 1gb (2x512) kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

So I'm rmaing my gskill which has been giving me problems, and I was wondering if I should get a replacement or get my money back to get a different stick, I'm want something that will oc well but I don't want to pay much above $100.

edit: 2x512mb.

Last edited:
2x512 or 2x256?

Dual packs of TCCD 2x256 can be had for under $100 in many cases. A gig of GEIL TCCD is on sale at newegg for $162 after $40 rebate.

2x512 UTT based ram is available for right around $110 (TwinMOS Speed Premiums). You need to be able to give UTT voltage for it to overclock well, though.

I want 1gb, because it would feel like a downgrade going back to 512mb, I'm interested in something that will do 250mhz, this gskill will go up to 245mhz with the same errors that I get at 200mhz, and my previous kingmax does 230mhz max, so I just want something better then the kingmax and yet cheap which is not very hard now because sdram is so cheap.

My axp set up, the one in lime green in my sig, just trying to get the best performance out of this until I can get enough money to go a64.

Reefa it says 2x512mb but its hidden in the thread title.

hehehe, it is hidden isn't it. I'll put it in the top post in a a minute

with the NF-7 I might wonder if you can hit 250FSB stablily.

However the Twinmoss Speed Premuim would probably be your best bet if your willing to use a bios that will give out 3.3v or a volt mod to get 3.3v.

I didn't know that was a bios that could do that? if it can be done with just a bios flash I would. I'm saying 250mhz because that is a goal I have but anything considerably higher then 230mhz would be nice.

Reefa_Madness said:
If it had been a snake it would have bit me.

lol, took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. But from the amount of posts I guess there isn't much of an option in this price range I guess I'll risk with a replacement.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the fact that you did have it in the title and I missed it. If it had been a snake...well, you know the rest.

Reefa_Madness said:
Just to clarify, I was referring to the fact that you did have it in the title and I missed it. If it had been a snake...well, you know the rest.

I got, it took me a while but I got it, where can I get some of that twinmos speed premium?

Back