• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQI or Geil memory, advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm thinking about the PQI because it is their high end line, whereas the geil piece is "value". The pqi might have a price that is misprinted.

tytlyf said:
I'm thinking about the PQI because it is their high end line, whereas the geil piece is "value". The pqi might have a price that is misprinted.

Not the price you shouldn't worry about, But the IC's they used on those chip are Mosel Vitalec that overclock like the biggest P.o.S that were ever produced in the market. You'll have better luck with the geil :p

are you sure about the IC's, you are saying that the top end Turbo series use crappy IC"s?

tytlyf said:
are you sure about the IC's, you are saying that the top end Turbo series use crappy IC"s?

Yes :) , it's the PC3200 2-2-2-5 Pqi Turbo series. I had to return mine before, because they coundn't run at their rated speeds which is 2-2-2-5. I had to pull the spreaders before I returned it and it was some Mosel Vitalec chip not samsung IC's in there :p

yeah i'm sure my PQI turbo's are POS :rolleyes:

personally i would go with the PQI because they have been good to me. when i e-mailed them about my memory they we're straight forward and honest. unlike Geil.

Back