• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone plz help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LMFRY

I got my p4v88 mobo and popped in everything...i put the ram in and when i fired it up and it said i was in dual channel, and i have completely different sticks of ram but it said dual channel adn the mobo setting was to auto...now why would it let me do dual channel with different sticks of ram. one is a stick of kingston hyper x and the other is corsair value select..both 512. someone please help me understand how this is possible...i cant run benchies to see if it is for real because xp is installing atm.

Maybe they have the same SPD timings? Sometimes differant sticks of ram (even differant companies) can run duel channel without a problem.

that is so awesome....wont it make my bandwidth go crazy..they are running at 333 at cl2

If they are running in duel channel they will be running the same timings. Which ever has the worst timings it'll make the better one run at those timings. Won't make your bandwidth go crazy at all.

Back