• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm would this be wise?? Or would it even work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Ok i have a set of Twinmos SP UTT ram (in sig @ those timings), i can only get them to a max of 245fsb 2-2-2-5 @ 3.3v. ATM i have a 70mm TT fan off my old HSF blowing on them and they are extreamly cool to the touch. No matter how many volts i give them (seems anything more then 3.3v gives a crap load of errors) or if i run them at 5,6,7,8,10 TRAS i can't get them over 245.

245fsb really kills my OC because it really limits me on what OC i can do. My CPU can get stable to about 2.5ghz, but if i use 313x8 or 278x9 i can't seem to get my memory in the 240's with a divider. Its either to high and gives errors or too low and gives me crappy Super_Pi times.

I guess my question is if i ran them at 2-3-3-x would that net me more of an OC?? I can't even come close to 245fsb when i set the CAS to 2.5 (odd lol), so i don't know if loosening my timings would help me out.

What is your guys take on not going the 2-2-2 path with UTT??

I know i can easily just try it out, but i just wanted to hear your opinions on if i should bother or not. Frankly i am getting mad at my computer! lol

Ok this ram is making me mad. Tried loosening the timings to 2-3-2-7, 2-2-3-7, 2-3-3-7 and anything higher then 3.3v gave me errors. Any FSB higher then 245 gave me errors!

Any suggestions? Here is my entire Ram timing setup

1T
auto
disable
Increase Skew
LvL 1
Auto
7.0 Nano
5.0 Nano
032 Cycles
Disabled
4x