• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One day sale at Newegg: 1Gig Corsair ValueSelect $85 shipped.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

Well, I was on newegg and was like. "Whoa that's a pretty sweet deal!"

Now I'm thinking...is it? I know it's "ValueSelect" so it wouldn't be the best for overclocking, but I have touching my FSB speed for a long time and summer is coming back (Summer = no OCing...). I've been running the cheaper 2x 256MB OCZ stuff, so I'm not exactly a top-of-the-line guy. I'm more about finding awesome deals and getting them. I'm wondering if buying the one gig cheap stuff would be really worth it for me. Anyone have any experience with these or is that price just so good that there is no time to think.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440

Please note it's a one day sale..ends today at 5:30 Pacific

I have ValueSelect, the DDR2 variant. Perhaps this is just me, but a Gig of anything is better than 512 of nice stuff. But I don't uberclock anymore... :)

Yeah...is the price worth it though? I'm thinking yes and I'm about 2 seconds away from ordering it...there is almost no stopping me...Actually, I'm sold.

More messages are still welcome as I believe this is a pretty sweet deal, I'm going to let other people see it as well. Don't forget that it is newegg, so it'll be there almost seconds after you hit the "order" button.

and hey, you get a free crappy USB/optical mouse with combo orders. Don't know what I'll do with it, but I have it for back-up purposes now!

Last edited:
If you're not looking to do too much overclocking you should be just fine with this ram.

Yeah, I wish I had many thousands of dollars to spend on computers, my car, my girlfriend and school....but I don't. I have to split my money among all of these, and trust me, my car really needs the work. Maybe someday I'll be able to come back to overclocking, but probably not too soon. When I do come back, I'll have to upgrade most of my computer anyway, so it won't really matter much...

I also looked back on my Newegg reciepts and I paid $90 shipped for the OCZ stuff I'm using now back in 06/2004. Now it's $5 cheaper and I'm getting twice as much.

When I first made my computer, I used Corsair ValueSelect PC3200. It's actually pretty good. I put some Vantec RAM heatspreaders on it too. I don't know if it was just me but I oced to 3.7 really well with these.

-1cem4n

No need to rush. When not on sale it is like 87$. I used to have it. Fine, not for OC'ing.

Back