• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Errors on Memtest test #7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Out of all the tests on memtest i keep getting about 30 errors every pass on test #7. I have no clue which setting to loosen to lose the errors for that test. I tried google, but it didn't really bring up any of the info i was looking for. Thanks for any help :)

Well, I'd bet loosening cas latency will do it...

but just play around with the timings. Maybe 2 -3 -3 -7 will do it...

Tried that, found out anything other then 2-2-2 doesn't help UTT memory at all. Any more volts gives me errors in test #2, any less then 3.3v gives me errors in test #5.

Please help me, this is really driving me crazy! BTW one of the errors i wrote down.... its

00031f8a1a8 799.6mb (good) 3b8ef9fc (bad) 3b8ed9fc 00002000

well... its possible that it just cant do that speed at that cas latency. Try really relaxing the timings.. cas 2.5 , or for experiments sake.. try cas 3..

UTT runs worse at anything other then 2-2-2 timings though. I have tried many differant timings like 2.5-2-2-8, 2.5-3-3-7, 2-3-3-8, 2-2-2-10 etc. Won't even boot at Cas 3.

I have had these sticks doing 250fsb at 2-2-2-8 in my old DFI NF3 board. I have been tinkering with them in my new DFI board and they just flat out run like crap. I can't seem to find any good settings to let them run how they did in my old board! :(

I have been working on this for about 5 hours now, and i can't get passed test 7. All the other tests are perfectly fine, except test 7.... anyone know what setting effects test 7 stability??

Back