• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little RAM choice help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I’m looking for some memory to replace my Corsair XMS memory (individual specs are 2-2-2-5, but I get 3-3-3-8 for some reason. I think it has to do w/ command timing& Dual Channel mode). And personally I’ve heard great stuff about Mushkin, and it just happens that new egg has some on sale. (http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146355) I also hear about OCZ’s memory, but its out of my price range(by like $20)
On Mushkin’s site they say the memories can do that timing w/ stock vdimm@267mhz.
Is this a good deal, or should I find something else? I don’t plan to even over clock my computer very much, maybe +17FSB(200mhz quadpumped+17fsb mhz) but nothing beyond that.

Ok, Thats what I though. I'll probally go with this ram. I don't like used stuff going into my main rig.(its already had ~1.3k poured into it. Now it needs another 800, lol.)

i personally love g skill it oc's above its specs around 310mhz max on mine so i think you ought to look which ones your priority speed or lower timings, either or would be good.

Back