• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo CH-5 Price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

i have 2 sticks of Buffalo 512mb CH-5. i havent been updated with computers for a while so im wondering how much theyre worth.

What will they do (max speed and timings)?

With the introduction of the UTT chips, the value of bh (and accordingly, ch) ram has dropped. Actually, if you were to go to any online retailer you would see that the price of ram is way low compared to even just 6 months ago.

It is a buyer's market right now. There were (and may still be) some for sale in the Classifieds which should give you an idea of their relative value.

Edit

Sorry...those in the Classifieds were 2x256, not 512 sticks.

Last edited:
unsure. do you have a price you can give me if it can do those speeds and if not?

fldrice said:
Probably $100. If they can do DDR500 w/ 2-2-2 then $150-200 but not many can do that.

wow $50 - $100 for just a 50mhz increase from stock with those timings. might sell mine when i get some tccd :shrug:

That is just the going price for modules that can do those stock speeds these days.

dtc said:
wow $50 - $100 for just a 50mhz increase from stock with those timings. might sell mine when i get some tccd :shrug:
Back when DDR prices where outrageous, going retail rate for my stuff was $300 . Now I'm lucky if I can sell them and get $200 for them, and I don't have run of the mill CH-5, I got the good stuff.:rolleyes:

Back when DDR prices where outrageous, going retail rate for my stuff was $300 . Now I'm lucky if I can sell them and get $200 for them, and I don't have run of the mill CH-5, I got the good stuff.
Oh man we got lucky.
Mine can run 255 11-2-2-2 on my dfi lp b.
I haven't tried em' on my msi, b/c i have tccd now.
infact i traded a set of my bh-5 for some tccd
I like both tccd and the winbond stuff great ram.
-kkat

If you've got Winbond (BH/CH/UTT) and you've got Samsung (TCCD) you've got all the DDR1 ram you're ever going to need...with the exception being, of course, two (or more) sets of Winbond and two (or more) sets of Samsung. :)

KKAT said:
Oh man we got lucky.
Mine can run 255 11-2-2-2 on my dfi lp b.
I haven't tried em' on my msi, b/c i have tccd now.
infact i traded a set of my bh-5 for some tccd
I like both tccd and the winbond stuff great ram.
-kkat

guess i got lucky aswell. 260 2 2 2 6 @ 3.5v :shrug: i got 266 with same timings but needed 3.8v to not error so im guessing 270 max but to much V for me :p

Reefa_Madness said:
If you've got Winbond (BH/CH/UTT) and you've got Samsung (TCCD) you've got all the DDR1 ram you're ever going to need...with the exception being, of course, two (or more) sets of Winbond and two (or more) sets of Samsung. :)
Does this mean that you have finally stopped buying DDR1? "Lord have mercy! Reefa done see the light!" That explains the price drop as you alone increased demand 10 percent! LOL

On one of my bh-5 sets i hit 270 with about 4 volts with active cooling.
my xp-90 blowing over the ram on a msi neo2 plat. and a tt 80mm sf2 blowing over the ram too.
passed memtest #5 with 400 and some odd passes no errors, and decided it was a bit too much vdimm for my precious...
-kkat

i just ordered 2 sticks of 512mb BH 5 ram, hope they do well. £41 each for the for my nf4 build

rseven said:
Does this mean that you have finally stopped buying DDR1? "Lord have mercy! Reefa done see the light!" That explains the price drop as you alone increased demand 10 percent! LOL

You must have missed the "two (or more)" part of my post. I've just been limiting my choice of ICs, although I must admit, I've recently added Ballistix to my "Buy" category. :)

Woody29 said:
i just ordered 2 sticks of 512mb BH 5 ram, hope they do well. £41 each for the for my nf4 build

wheres that from :O will they work in dual channel even tho there not a matched pair ? if they do i might order some after i see some results :)

Dual channel packaging is mostly marketing. As long as the ram is spec'ed the same (model and same ICs) you are fine and sometimes even that is not required. The DC packs just eliminate the risk of getting different ICs for example. Case in point, certain products (Crucial's Ballistix for example) are not even sold in dual-packs...just single sticks.

Reefa_Madness said:
Dual channel packaging is mostly marketing. As long as the ram is spec'ed the same (model and same ICs) you are fine and sometimes even that is not required. The DC packs just eliminate the risk of getting different ICs for example. Case in point, certain products (Crucial's Ballistix for example) are not even sold in dual-packs...just single sticks.

thanks for clearing that up. i thought they were matched by model number etc and otherwise they mighta had problems. atleast i know now :santa:

Back