• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dumb question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stardis

Registered
Are you supposed to take the stickers that were applied to the ram chips off when you install the ram? Does it hurt anything to leave them on? I'm referring to the barcode and identification stickers that came on my Crucial memory. Thanks.

Some manufacturers require the stickers to stay on or the warranty is invaladated so, I'd suggest you leave them on.

I've always left mine on, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Could help in the future too if you need information about your sticks it's right there for you.

Don't most of them mentionon the sticker, "Don't remove"? As mentioned in above posts. Leave them on for later product ID.

The only dumb question is one not asked.

As said, leave them on. They won't hurt anybody, and warranty is a nice thing to keep (unless you overclock..but hey, who would risk damaging his equipment :p)

Back