• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

decent, cheap RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsfalcon

Registered
im lookin to put my PC into a small form factor case (like a shuttle), but want to get new RAM for it. right now ive got 640mbs of pc2100(ddr266) in 3 banks, but the new mobo only has two banks. i need some decent cheap RAM, preferably two 512mb sticks. ive noticed that on newegg rosewill RAM is pretty cheap, but is it any good? any suggestions welcome

If you arent OCing just get some brand name value RAM from Newegg. There are plenty of cheap options, just make sure its compatible with your new MB.

i would personally pay the extra and get some OCZ, besides being awesome products the lifetime warrenty and superior tech support would be well worth the money.

I have had very good results with Geil Value Memory. A Good budget price, about the cost of generic memory, and a reasonable potential to overclock. I also found it amazing that for the price the memory can be bought in matched pairs and also has a lifetime warranty and is rated to 2.95v. Here is a link to the US site http://geilusa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=36

1 GB (2X512) PC-3200/DDR400 Corsair Value Select CAS 2.5

$84 w/FREE SHIP @ MANARCH COMPUTERS (no tax in Calif)

$81 w/FREE SHIP @ ZIPZOOMFLY (tax in Calif)

No tax too depending on where you live and which site you purchase from .

The Value Select is not a super overclocker , but most peeps get about 220 mem speed from this .

Back