• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which RAM is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someone447

Registered
Last edited:
They should all be roughly equal, IDK about the Geil though. They seem to be pretty "hit and miss" and I'm not sure that their warranty/customer service is up to par with OCZ/Mushkin. The TwinMOS SpeedPremium and Mushkin Blue I believe are usually UTT chips, and I think the OCZ is CH-5, which requires a little less voltage but the UTT should clock higher with a DDR booster. Great prices on all of them, really. About two months ago I paid close to that for 512 MB of Corsair VS, which was poop. Now I'm waiting on some Mushkin Black and OCZ EL, which should be MUCH better. Corsair seems to be slipping, in my opinion. Lots of people complaining about getting bad sticks at their forums. But as far as Mushkin, OCZ, and TwinMOS are concerned, they are all among the absolute best brands on the market right now. I would only rate G. Skill higher, but their TCCD is also more expensive than what you posted. Bottom line: it depends on your board, but any of those brands should be great. Personally, I would grab the OCZ, because they have lifetime warranty. So does Mushkin, but from what I understand, you are taking a chance with the Blues because they aren't all UTT. TwinMOS is also a proven performer. Geil, I would probably stay away from in this case.

Last edited:
I wouldn't waste the time or effort with the Mushkin blues (recent sticks are barely getting over 210fsb and some won't even do below 2-3-3-8 timings, I even question whether they're using UTT chips anymore). The TwinMOS SP sticks are great as long as you receive the AA4T or 1A4T sticks. There is a slim chance you'll get something other than UTT. Can't speak on the OCZ or the Geil sticks but I have read that certain people have issues with Geil as a company.

HousERaT said:
I wouldn't waste the time or effort with the Mushkin blues (recent sticks are barely getting over 210fsb and some won't even do below 2-3-3-8 timings, I even question whether they're using UTT chips anymore). The TwinMOS SP sticks are great as long as you receive the AA4T or 1A4T sticks. There is a slim chance you'll get something other than UTT. Can't speak on the OCZ or the Geil sticks but I have read that certain people have issues with Geil as a company.

They are still UTT. We have not changed anything.

Duonger

If nothing has changed then perhaps they are speed binning them to the point where Blues have become the worst of the lot and the good stuff is being saved for the new line? Some reports on the replacements for RMAs on the blues have not been very favorable. I'm still waiting for mine so I can't comment from experience. Trust me, I'm dying to say good things about this stuff, several people have had good experiences with the Blue line of memory.

Back