• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got an Epox 4PDA2+--Memory suggestion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satyrist

I'll look at putting in 2x512mb sticks. Since this board revision can reportedly supply 3.3 vdimm max, I was wondering which might be the better idea to look at getting:

TCCD or UTT based ram. Also, stick with pc3200, or get something with a little more headroom (pc4000+?)

I'll be pairing it with a 2.8c northwood, btw.

Looking at attempting a 250fsb, timings are what takes.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Some good Hynix D5 would also be a good choice (in addition to the TCCD) but I would stay away from the UTT for that combo because they really need more than 3.3v to crank up and the Epox, as you stated, is limited to 3.3v. The 2.8, if a good one, will clock pretty high, at least in excess of 250 and beyond and the UTT wont usually hit those speeds without more than 3.3v so you'll end up with your ram being the bottleneck. I believe that both the Hynix and the Samsung will hit 275 and beyond on the Intel rig.

Reefa_Madness said:
Some good Hynix D5 would also be a good choice (in addition to the TCCD) but I would stay away from the UTT for that combo because they really need more than 3.3v to crank up and the Epox, as you stated, is limited to 3.3v. The 2.8, if a good one, will clock pretty high, at least in excess of 250 and beyond and the UTT wont usually hit those speeds without more than 3.3v so you'll end up with your ram being the bottleneck. I believe that both the Hynix and the Samsung will hit 275 and beyond on the Intel rig.

Aside from the GSkill, what other brands else rate well? (Hynix or TCCD)

Reefa_Madness said:

How might a gig of Crucial Ballistix pc4000 do compared to the pc4400 gskills/hynix? At least for a Northie P4, they seem to be roughly as solid.

Send Clevor a PM and ask him...he has the Epox board and both the Ballistix 3200 & 4000 sticks (2x512 of each).

He often goes away for the weekend, so it might be late Sunday or Monday before he even has a chance to respond to your inquiry.

Back