• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rated timings not stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

New memory is OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model 1GB (2X512) D/C Kit PN-OCZ25331024EBDCPER2-K

Its shows the timings on them to be 3-2-2-8

But as you can see i poped them in and there timings are not as shown

Should you have to manually change them? is that just what there rated to run at but not necessaraly already set to run at that?

What i need to do to get them to there rated timings? just goto bios and set it to 3-2-2-8?

Well, yes. That's what manual adjustments are for. (Why ask a question witih such an obvious answer? Go and adjust the timings....)

As far as to why SPD isn't always advertised:
Ram SPD is sometimes set higher timings than advertised to insure compatibility with more/all motherboards. Some systems may not like tighter timings. And if the RAM were SPD'd to those timings, and Joe Sixpack buys a stick and his computer starts beeping...guess what? He doesn't know about this forum, nor probably even how to contact OCZ.....back to the store the sticks go.....

Falkentyne said:
Well, yes. That's what manual adjustments are for. (Why ask a question witih such an obvious answer? Go and adjust the timings....)

As far as to why SPD isn't always advertised:
Ram SPD is sometimes set higher timings than advertised to insure compatibility with more/all motherboards. Some systems may not like tighter timings. And if the RAM were SPD'd to those timings, and Joe Sixpack buys a stick and his computer starts beeping...guess what? He doesn't know about this forum, nor probably even how to contact OCZ.....back to the store the sticks go.....

That is correct. Most times we either program the SPD with looser timings or the motherboard simply doesn't read the SPU correctly and sets different timings.

Just set them manually and let me know if you run into any problems

Back