• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody having trouble running 2 sticks of Mushkin Blues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fldrice

I bought 2 sticks of the Mushkin Blues with UTT from Fry's today and was very pleased when both sticks pased several passes of memtest @ 250 1.5-2-2-10 individually. However, when I stick both of these sticks in, they won't even pass memtest @ 230. WTF :bang head. Anyone else experience this issue? If I can't get this resolved, I'm just gonna return these Blues.

hmmmmmmmm...... you might try and switch the sticks around in the slots. See if that will get you some stability. Also what voltage are you running the sticks individually and together?

HousERaT said:
hmmmmmmmm...... you might try and switch the sticks around in the slots.

I agree, try that. Good to hear your Blues are OCing, mine sucked so I sold em heh. Also, maybe need a lil more voltage to run em in dual channel?

No dual-channel since I'm running a DFI NF3 which is why this is so strange. Each stick wil do 255 1.5-2-2-10 @3.5v individually. They will also do 250 1.5-2-2-10 @3.4v. Essentially they behave very similar to my pair of level ones(CH-5) individually. I've swap both modules around and it's really weird. With 2 sticks in slot #1 & #2 I cannot pass test #5 in memtest even @ DDR 400 2-3-3-10 @2.8v . Another thing that's interesting is if I combine 1 stick from my pair of CH-5 any of the two sticks and place my CH-5 in slot #1 and the Blue in slot #2 I can pass memtest @ 230 w/ 1.5-2-2-10 @ 3.4v. I'm going to do some more testing and I'll report back but this is very strange. I don't think it is the mobo because I'm perfectly stable @ 255 w/ 1.5-2-2-10 @ 3.5v with my CH-5 pair.

Last edited:
This problem has nothing to do with the RAM.
Your procs memctrl can't handle 2x512MB well.

If the RAM can do 1x512MB 255 alone, it can do it 2x512MB with a better memctrl.

Have you ever ran any kind of 2x512NB RAM combination @ higher MHz on this board?

largon said:

If the RAM can do 1x512MB 255 alone, it can do it 2x512MB with a better memctrl.

Have you ever ran any kind of 2x512NB RAM combination @ higher MHz on this board?

I disagree. I have had the same issue. I can run 2X512mb BH-5 dual channel at 260. Running the same mushkin blues single at 250 but in pairs no go. This is on DFI NF4. I have seen only a couple other posts like this but there is something weird going on.

Read this post on and see what response I got. None. Nobody seems to know why.

The green PCB were the ones that would not work dual channel. The black ones would for me.

@musk: Which was that black PCB, Mushkin Enhanced or B6U815?

Memtest86+ is not The Absolute RAM stability test. Windows stability is a whole lot different thing.
Hell, Memtest could even be making up these errors. (Been there, seen that.)

Try settings that gives some errors per pass, boot into OS. Run this for an hour.
If it gives errors - :eh?:

Also, bios makes a huge difference. OK, ok, you knew that already!

largon said:

Then how come I can run my 2x512mb level One @ 255 w/ 1.5-2-2-10 memtest stable? Read my first post. Also, when I run one stick of my level one with one stick of the blues, eveything is fine provided that the level one is in slot #1 and the blue is in slot #2.

musk said:
I disagree. I have had the same issue. I can run 2X512mb BH-5 dual channel at 260. Running the same mushkin blues single at 250 but in pairs no go. This is on DFI NF4. I have seen only a couple other posts like this but there is something weird going on.

Read this post on and see what response I got. None. Nobody seems to know why.

The green PCB were the ones that would not work dual channel. The black ones would for me.
Looks like you and me are in the same boat, but I really shouldn't be having this problem because I don't have dual-channel. I'm running 2 dimms but only in single-channel so the ram should not be stressed as much. Lets see if we can find a trend...What's the date code on your pair?

largon said:
@Musk: Which was that black PCB, Mushkin Enhanced or B6U815?

Memtest86+ is not The Absolute RAM stability test. Windows stability is a whole lot different thing.
Hell, Memtest could even be making up these errors. (Been there, seen that.)

Try settings that gives some errors per pass, boot into OS. Run this for an hour.
If it gives errors - :eh?:

Also, bios makes a huge difference. OK, ok, you knew that already!

Largon,

It didn't matter, I have 2 with mushkin enhanced on them and 1 with B6u815.
Any 2 of the 3 would run at least 250 2225.

Back