• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got some new ocz, need some info..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

hey guys, i just got 2 512s of this stuff http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_3200_rev_3

i was just curious if anyone else here had them? ive been trying to find some reviews, and specifically, what chips they used? i dont want to take the spreaders off just yet, just in case i need to rma... they work fine, i kinda wish my nf7 would spit out more than 2.9 to them, i think a slight bump to 3.0 or maybe 3.2 would really make them shine, any ideas? :shrug:

I've never seen these before. Rev 3? How does it differ from the platinum EL rev 2?

-Adrayic

not too sure, this is the first performance ram ive ever bought, i was just curious if others had it, and how they like em

well, overall, since i added a second stick of 512, im getting random blue screens, reboots, glitches, and program errors. my task manager encountered an error, which led my firewall to shut down without me knowing, while i was playing a game, witch crashed becasue my catalyst control center failed. needless to say, when all was said and done, NT Authority paid me a visit, and shut me down 30 seconds later. nice. so ive reinstalled windows.. games still lock up, it takes internet explorer a few tries to open up sometimes, even when i add volts, max is 2.9 i could feed em, and i still crash at default 200 fsb, with stock default 2.5-3-3-6 not impressed with ocz at all. in case your wondering ive got 2 of these.. http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_3200_rev_3

so ive come to this conclusion, it could be my power supply, because its the stock icute 400w that came with my case, and ive had issues with it before. But, i havent had these problems before, just with the second stick, wich leads me to wonder... i think i remember reading something before about issues with nforce2 and haveing 2-512s, or a gig or something anyways, if anyone could offer there opinion, it would be grately appreciated! i really like how they look in my system, it sets everything off just right.. another thing i was thinking, was maybe on monday ill take em in and see if i could swap for 2X 256s of some sweet performance stuff.. i dont know, but as it stand right now, im not impressed like i said, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to fire away!

Back