• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torn between two OCZ's..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
would you rather run your system with high vdimm (3.4v) for the UTT or do you want to run your system with 2.7-2.8v to power the TCCD? Is this gonna be a computer you leave on 24/7 or just turn on from time to time for normal usage? Certainly the TCCD would be less stressful on the parts but if you need the highest possible benchmarks you might want to go with the UTT if you have the volts for it.

SOY_SET said:
The OCZ rev2 are enough tempters in that price :rolleyes: .

In my opinion they are a good option to have them 24/7 and cheap UTT for benchs :cool: .

Is that what you are wanting to do as well? Didn't you have a set of these TCCD) before getting the Speed Premiums? Did you sell them and now are wanting another set?

I think the only thing better than than having a set of TCCD and a set of Winbond bh/ch-utt is maybe having two or more sets of them....:)

I've already posted that elsewhere, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

By the way...those SP at 260 with those timings is looking pretty good!

Hello Reefa.

Single I contemplate the these two possibility to see which of Chips can work better in the future. You are right, I I had of these and I changed them by the TMSP and I do not regret at all, but apparently my old tccd had some problem because in my system they did not manage to happen of 275 nor dropping multi to 8.

I believe that they are the memories, because in another system they either do not want to go beyond.

Thank you very much by your words, the fact to have these memories and this single speed I must to a very very good friend ;)

Hasta pronto Amigo.

yea i had that problem all last week, but last week the price on the rev.2's was still over 230... the week before it was 250. the gold's were always under $200. i HAD to make a purchase from timing of a exchange i was making with the ram i was replacing so i had to go wit hthe gold's cuz i couldnt wait for the TCCD's but that was the direction i was leaning to anyways.

now the reason why it was hard mostly is cuz i have a MSI board not giving me tons of ram. you have a DFI you should be aiit right? i mean all the data shows that 2-2-2 @ 250 is a lot better than loose timings at 300 which is NOT guaranteed with the TCCD.

anyhoo have fun, both wouldd be a great choice. think about your cooling options and what you KNOW your cpu can do. i did that too.

Back