• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G. Skill PC4400 memory. The best for.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I'm considering picking up an A64 San Diego and a DFI LAN Party Nf4.
Being a dedicated Corsair user, I've read that the G. Skill memory is highly regarded for oc'ing---maybe even better than some of Corsair's RAM.
IS the G.Skill PC4400 RAM the best performing memory available for use in the DFI?

Thanks IA

questionable.... certainly can obtain the highest fsb...... however with all the UTT low latency ram out these days I'd hardly call it a absolute that the TCCD ram is best. If you run your low latancy ram at 250 2-2-2-5 it's gonna be about equal to TCCD running at 300 2.5-3-3-5. So the real question is do you want to spend upwards of $250.00 for the GSkill stuff or do you want to spend below $120.00 for your cheap UTT?

Thanks for the reply-----

I'm hoping for some kind of compromise. Low latency's with high fsb. I'm not at all familar with oc'ing the A64 boards so I'm not sure what other variables I'll have to consider.
I thought I read somewhere about some people achieving 1T with their G.Skill and a high fsb in an A64 set up.

Thanks---

If you wait a week I'll be able to tell you what works better. I have a set of OCZ VX PC3200 (UTT) and I just bought a set of G.Skill PC4400 LE's from Krag that will do 310mhz at 2.5-4-3-x. I will be testing them w/ a DFI NF4 Ultra-D and San Diego 3700+. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to go w/ (UTT or TCCD) so I grabbed both. I'll probably sell one of them after I finsh my testing. Stay tuned.... I plan on sessioning them both extensively. I'll post screen shots when I have the results.

-Adrayic

Sounds good.
What's the difference betwen UTT and TCCD?
By the looks of it, our systems will be very similar.
Also, is the Antec TrueControl 550 compatible with the DFI NF4 boards?**It better be, it's bad enough I have to replace my 6800GTAGP card** :(
Look forward to your experiments.

Thanks----

TCCD ram is capable of really high fsb.... it uses rather low voltage to do this and works in a variety of architectures...

UTT ram is capable of good fsb but with the lowest possible latancies (by today's standards). The one drawback is you have to use high voltage to achieve this which makes the ram less useful on certain architectures.

Both will work well with the NF4 DFI boards so it really comes down to cost and how much power you want to use to run your system.

Adrayic said:
If you wait a week I'll be able to tell you what works better. I have a set of OCZ VX PC3200 (UTT) and I just bought a set of G.Skill PC4400 LE's from Krag that will do 310mhz at 2.5-4-3-x. I will be testing them w/ a DFI NF4 Ultra-D and San Diego 3700+. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to go w/ (UTT or TCCD) so I grabbed both. I'll probably sell one of them after I finsh my testing. Stay tuned.... I plan on sessioning them both extensively. I'll post screen shots when I have the results.
Cool. I want to see the result of this test ASAP.

Despotes said:
I'm considering picking up an A64 San Diego and a DFI LAN Party Nf4.
Being a dedicated Corsair user, I've read that the G. Skill memory is highly regarded for oc'ing---maybe even better than some of Corsair's RAM.
IS the G.Skill PC4400 RAM the best performing memory available for use in the DFI?
I don't know why but Angry Games (DFI tech) at DFI-Street reports that Corsair brand seems to have tons of trouble running well on the DFI nF4 boards. Just something you might want to research before buying Corsair for this board.

Last edited:
Adrayic said:

-Adrayic

Yeah bro! I'll be looking forward to that review! I love my Gskill pc4400. It has been the best performing and OC'ing ram I have ever used.

Is my Antec TrueControl 550 compatible? I heard there is a different power connector on the DFI board---something about a converter might be needed...

Thanks----

Krag - you have no idea how excited i am to test everything out. My new rig has been sitting on my desk for the past month.... everything is brand spankin new but I have no CPU to test any of it with. My 3700+ San Diego is in the mail so it shouldn't be long now! I will be starting a thread as soon as I receive it.... stay tuned!

Despotes - I'm pretty sure its compatible. I've seen several people using these w/ their DFI NF4 boards over at XS. I'm not sure on the connector though.

-Adrayic

Despotes said:
Thanks for all the replies--Order San Diego or wait, order...I need some coffee.

it is strongly advised at DFI-Street to use only a 24pin plug psu..... I don't know if the 550 is 20 or 24.... it is also unadvisable to use a 20 to 24 pin adapter with the DFI boards.

avoid gskill like the plague - both my pc4400LE sticks are dead, and trying to get hold of someone to rma them is liking trying to ring water from a stone :mad:

Why don't you contact Onepagebook on XS forums? He is not only an excellent rep, he is one of the best memory OCers around.

kakaroto is also a GSkill rep, find him at XS too. Link

Eldonko said:
Why don't you contact Onepagebook on XS forums? He is not only an excellent rep, he is one of the best memory OCers around.

Good link!

You see the next article? "Next article --> Battle of Titans: TCCD versus UTT"

:)

crap...i got a DFI NF4 - D board with Corsair XMS PC4400 in the wait. also have some PC3200LL available.

debating whether to attempt ocing with these, or bust out the wallet and get some GSkill TCCD.

I just ordered the DFI NF4 SLI-DR and the San Diego 3700+. :) (Monarch)
I'm gonna hold off on the memory until the guilt wears off.
It might take a few hours. hehe
Then I'll get the GPU...after a few more hours. :)

Eldonko said:

I have, my pm have been read but with no reply, my emails had an initial reply but nothing since, and iv posted on their support forum that I discovered earlier - so far my encounter with gskill memory has been rubbish, i wont be buying their products again. Just makes me regret not buying ocz...iv had numerous ocz products go wrong, but theyre always spot on with customer service - i can give them a ring and have a replacement in under a week - gskill should take note cos imo they suck.
As for how they both died? your guess is as good as mine - one minute both are fine at stock speeds&volts, then next day neither will boot into windows :(

Back