• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz 4200 Oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

I got a question regarding my memory frequency.. read sig specs

Im new to overcloking and ive read all the stikies but i cant seem to grasp this one...

Im running my ram with 3-2-2-8 timings (if this matter to my question)

heres the getup.. under my bios setting i have 4 options for RAM frequencys..

Auto

I set mine to 266 since that is what my ram is rated for and i also set my CPU's FSB to 220 (up from the stock 200)

Now i booted and im gonna run prime95 now to see if its stable but CPUz is showing my Ram freqency to be 294... ????

Whats the point of the Ram frequency options? arent they suppose to lock my ram at 266?

After you ponder that question and let me know whats up...

Would running my RAM 1:1 with my CPU be worth it?
I cant get my FSB to 266 so id have to lower the RAMs frewuency to run 1:1 and wouldent that be antiproductive as oppose to helpfull?

Note* current board wont let me change multiplier

athually i noticed it says that in the bios as well..

Seems if i raise the FSB the frequency raises...

So im assuming my board cannot lock the Ram Freqency... right?

Is this normal or do someboards allow you to lock the freqency?

TheMainFrame said:
athually i noticed it says that in the bios as well..

Seems if i raise the FSB the frequency raises...

So im assuming my board cannot lock the Ram Freqency... right?

Is this normal or do someboards allow you to lock the freqency?

When you raise the FSB it is supposed to raise the freq...this is how you OC a CPU...

multiplier x FSB = CPU speed

You do not want the ram freq. to be locked...this is what OEM makers do so people can not OC a system...

What you are possible thinking about is the AGP/PCI lock...this is what you want locked so you do not corrupt the HDD(s) or run the freq. too fair out of specs to where the video card will not work...

glock19owner said:
When you raise the FSB it is supposed to raise the freq...this is how you OC a CPU...

multiplier x FSB = CPU speed

You do not want the ram freq. to be locked...this is what OEM makers do so people can not OC a system...

What you are possible thinking about is the AGP/PCI lock...this is what you want locked so you do not corrupt the HDD(s) or run the freq. too fair out of specs to where the video card will not work...

o ok... that makes sense... i guess i just had "locked" stuck in my head and got it mixed up hehe

Back